Keblinger

Keblinger

The KiwiPop Studio

| Monday, September 14, 2015
 
REVIEW (1 OF 2)
 
 
Happy Monday Readers!  I hope you all had a great weekend and that you are in some way inviting Fall into your every day.  I figure that if we all start acting like its fall by knitting fall knits, drinking pumpkin tea and doing a bit more baking Fall will eventually come round...we will see.
 
 
I am thrilled to be sharing with you our first yarn review of the week.
 
 
The Kiwipop Studio is my small Indie Dyeing studio in the woods of Maine where I specialize in individually hand painted yarns and rovings. (Yup, I hand paint EACH skein of yarn and braid of roving one at a time.) "Where Color & Fiber Collide" is my tagline - and for good reason.  I love color. The more color the better in my book! I take extreme pride in my color combinations and love taking inspiration from everything around me. Maybe I have some beautiful flowers blooming in my garden, next to my daughter's sweater and against the back drop of a beautiful blue sky. I try to take everything in, write it down and recreate it in my studio. 
My studio is located in our home, which is great so that I can be home with our kids. We have a daughter who is in middle school, and our little boy is two years old. My days are filled with laughter, fiber, slinging color, family and a whole bunch of love. I'm super fortunate and blessed to be doing something I love so much each and every day.
 
~Judy~
 
 
Let me show you what we have to review today.
 

Studio Worsted

 
 Worsted / 10 ply
100% Merino
215 yards / 113 grams
 
 
I have to say that right off I am partial to the colorway name!!  Its JOY, this being that my mom; both my girls and my middle name is Joy.  You can imagine how tickled I was when I saw such a great color with a meaningful name.

 
I love the feel of this worsted weight yarn.  Great twist and so very soft.  It is 100% super wash so it will make for great gift knitting as well as for an kids you might me knitting for this winter.  Its so fluffy and warm feeling you will want to make hats and mittens for days!  Better make sure that when you order you buy enough for all your gift knitting.  It knits up like butter and I really enjoy working with it.


 
Judy has so many amazing colors to offer and in all different weights you are sure to find a few things you can not live with out.  I would just love to get a sweaters quantity of this yarn.  I am telling you, you would have no trouble finding a pattern and letting it practically knit its self its so nice.
 

 

I have to share with you just one more extra, Judy has some really neat cards.  Not only do they have all her contact info, but they are really neat.  Extra special touches that really set independent dyers apart.
 
 
 
The Kiwi Pop Studio receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Judy for allowing me to feature your stunning yarn!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
What colorway are you drawn to?
 
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews