Keblinger

Keblinger

Bugbear Woolens

| Monday, September 21, 2015

BUGBEAR WOOLENS

Happy Monday Readers!  I am happy to say that Fall seems to be on the way...finally.  Anyone else feel it in the air? 
 
Today I have the chance to share with you a new to me yarn dyer.  Jennifer is the owner and dyer behind Bugbear Woolens. 
 
"I've been obsessed with yarn since I was a child.  I learned to crochet when I was about 7, and crocheted one of the world's largest granny squares in a ghastly light pink acrylic yarn.  No one taught me how to end my work so I just kept crocheting around and around until the skein ran out, and I'm still not sure if I ever figured out how to end that square.  Shortly thereafter I learned to knit, and even in college the local yarn store was one of my favorite places to go.  Even if I couldn't afford yarn, I would go just to pet the pretties.  In the mid-eighties, I got a job at Webs Yarn Merchants, and was in heaven.  In short order I learned how to actually finish knit/crochet projects, learned to weave, and to dye.  I worked there for about 10 years and knit for pleasure and wove a lot of scarves to sell at local craft fairs.
I then got a job in IT at a university, and put my fiber love aside, as a baby and full time work took over.  A few years ago I picked up my knitting needles again and remembered how much I love working with fiber.  My tastes have changed through, I'm much more patient and prefer socks and lacy shawls to the bulky weight sweaters I used to knit.  I began selling hand dyed yarn a few months ago, in hopes of developing a business that might let me retire from the world of computers sooner rather than later.  I love nothing more than rewinding a skein of freshly dyed yarn and seeing how it turns out and am so happy to have the chance to share my love of fiber and color with others.  All my yarn is dyed with professional grade dyes and I do my utmost to ensure quality.  My husband is a devoted rock hound and he was the one who thought my yarn should be named after various gemstones and he enjoys combing through his books to find just the right match for me."

~Jennifer~
 

Gemstones Sock

Fingering / 4 ply
75% Merino, 25% Nylon
463 yards / 100 grams
 
 
Love the color, just the right pop of fun.  How could you knit with this yarn and not be happy.  It just screams cheer and fun to me.  The yarn is really soft and would make a great pair of socks for anyone.  And given the amazing amount of yardage you could make a really good size pair of socks!

 
I would call the yarn a light fingering and would lend it's self to a very tight knit gauge, giving it a great stitch definition.  You could also make some really neat fingerless gloves as well.  No matter what you choose to knit, I am sure you will be really pleased with the quality and care that Jennifer puts into every one of her skeins.  Make sure that you all go and take a look at the amazing range of colors that she has dyed up and ready for you all to purchase!!
 
 
 
 
 Bugbear Woolens  receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Jennifer for allowing me to feature your Fantastic Yarn!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 

1 comments:

{ Kymberly } at: October 2, 2015 at 5:53 AM said...

What a great color. This would be so fun to work on in the depths of winter when everything outside is grey.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews