Keblinger

Keblinger

Savvy Skeins

| Monday, August 17, 2015

 
 
Happy Monday Readers!! You have no idea how privileged I feel today to be able to feature Savvy Skeins on the blog.  I have admired and watched anxiously for a while at the amazing yarn and fiber that has been put out by this dyer. 

 
I give you the owner of Savvy Skeins, Ali. Independent yarn and fiber dyer out of New Braunfels, Texas, specializing in kettle and speckle dyeing. Each skein of yarn and braid of spinning fiber is dyed one by one in my home kitchen. A lot of time and love goes into each skein and braid.  As well as a Christian, stay at home, homeschooling mom of 5.
 
  In other words, she is the "Do it All, Wonder woman."
I find so much satisfaction in supporting women like myself that put Family; Faith and Fiber Arts at the top of the priority list. 
 
I love the fact that Ali has a unique offering of her yarns.  She features a colorway and then gives you to ability to choose what base you want it dyed on.  Most dyers just whip up a few bases in the same color and then you just pick from what they offer.  This is a totally custom feature that I really like and appreciate from Savvy Skeins. 
 
 Look at the choices she offers you;
 
Comal Sock
400 yards
Fingering weight
Super wash merino 80%
Nylon 20%
 
Guadalupe MCN
435 yards
Light DK weight
merino 80%
cashmere 10%
Nylon 10%
 
San Antonio Sock
400 yards
fingering weight
super wash merino 100%
 
Bejar Worsted
200 yards
Super wash merino 100%
Worsted weight
 
Lonestar DK
250 yards
super wash merino 100%
DK weight
 
Crockett Sock
250 yards
Polwarth 85%
tussah silk 15%
DK weight
 
Gruene Sock
400 yards
fingering weight
super wash Corriedale 75%
Nylon 25%
 
**New!**
 
China Grove
400 yards
Super wash merino 60%
Bamboo 30%
Nylon 10%
Pearland
438 yards
Super wash merino 75%
nylon 20%
Stellina 5%
 

 
With so many choices you are sure to get exactly what you want. 
I feel so honored that Ali has a brand new colorway that I have the opportunity to be the first to share with you!  This is one of her kettle dyed speckled yarns that she has named,
Fantasia
 
 
 Ali has captured the full range of purple and blue in this skein.  Starting with the lightest shade of lavender and then plunging into a deep purple/blue that is stunning.  To top it all off, she has then over dyed with the magic of her speckling technique.  Its just such a versatile colorway that I really think anyone can appreciate and find a use for.
 
 
This particular base is made up of Superwash Merino & Nylon.  Although you would never know that it had any nylon content to it.  It is so soft to the touch and really plush when it is being knit up and running through your fingers.  A very enjoyable knit.  I can invasion this skein being knit up in to a pair of socks, a baby item, a fingering weight hat or matched up with a sterling silver color and knit into a two color shawl.  Really Anything, it will all end up beautiful!!
 
If any of you, 'My Readers' have not indulged and bought a skein of Savvy Skeins to try out yourselves, Please let me be the first to encourage you to go over today and make your Monday even better with the purchase of something stunning!  Just think of how amazing the end of your week will be when you get a skein of Ali's yarn in the mail!!!
 
 
Savvy Skeins receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Ali for allowing me to feature your 'One of a Kind' yarn!  It was such a pleasure to share your talent with My Readers.
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 

I would love to know what colorway of Savvy Skeins you like the best?

 

4 comments:

{ Alina } at: August 18, 2015 at 6:20 AM said...

Beautiful colors!

{ Kim D } at: August 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM said...

I love the Fantasia I think because its amazing purples ad\nd I am a child of the 80's. However I also love Dragon Heart because it just looks awesome and I would love to see how it knits up.

Anonymous at: March 17, 2016 at 7:16 AM said...

I am new to indie yarn. I purchased yarn from Savvy Skeins, as for Reign (color way) and Mermaids Bay and a few others that had a lot of greens or teals or purple. For falling hard on indie yarn, I can say Savvy Skeins is so savvy and lovely. Shipping has been lightning fast, I am 100% satisfied!

Anonymous at: March 17, 2016 at 7:18 AM said...

(and Ali, if you read this, this site won't take my name, but it's me -- Jody, from Wisconsin. The green/teal/purple/mermaid obsessed customer)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews