Keblinger

Keblinger

Riverside Studio

| Sunday, July 12, 2015
 
Happy Sunday Readers!!!  I am so pleased that you all take the time each week to stop by and read what I have to share with you.  I hope you find lots of new and exciting knitting items and yarn as always.  This weeks review is a stunning specimen of yarn and I think you will all appreciate the beauty of depth in it.
 

A note from our dyer;
 

"Riverside Studio Riverside Studio is a one-person, operation working in a cooperative artist studio near Wakefield, Quebec. The studio, housed in an old school is located in a beautiful rural setting near the Gatineau River. I love yarn, fibre and colour. A knitting and spinning obsession and a desire to work with superior materials lead me to start dyeing. I have been honing my dyeing craft for about 5 years and I am happy to say that I love this business more than ever. I continually work on finding interesting and unusual colour combinations that look stunning when they are knit or spun up. I am also a visual artist, (drawer and painter) and art educator. My artwork can be found in private and public art collections in Canada and abroad. About the Yarns and Fibre My yarns and fibres are milled and manufactured in Canada. I use the highest quality acid dyes available. All the colours found in my Etsy shop, katsriversidestudio@etsy.com are repeatable colours, and mostly dyed to order. Yarn is dyed in small batches"

~Kathryn~


 
 

MCN Sock

Light Fingering / 3 ply
80% Merino, 10% Nylon, 10% Cashmere
378 yards / 115 grams
 
 
 
I am in love with this base!!!  Who is not a fan of MCN, but this MCN seems more luxurious than most.  I'm not sure that's even possible, but it sure is in my book.  The cashmere has an ever so slight halo to it that is just stunning.
 
 

 
Ok, now lets talk about Depth of color.  It can not go unmentioned at how amazingly rich this particular skein has been dyed.  The midnight blue of the depths of the ocean to the hues of every purple grape you can imagine, all put over a base of the most beautiful stone grey you have ever seen.  I am extremely impressed with this color way and the dimensions of color that Kathryn used to obtain such a look.  Ladies and gentlemen, we are looking at a true piece of Art!

 
"Gloaming" is its rightful name

 
 
Anyone of you would come up with hundreds of amazing pattern ideas for this skein I am sure.  I just keep thinking of it as a stunning draping shawl.  With the hues of color, you could pair it with blue jeans and really make a dramatic look.  Did I mention how much I really love this yarn.  And not just this skein, you will be overwhelmed by beauty in every skein when you go and take a look at her shop.  She can take any color; green, pink, yellow and show dimensions of it that you have never even thought possible.  Be for warned, you may have to buy a skein or two in order to satisfy your craving for such amazing yarn!! 
 
 
Riverside Studio receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Kathryn for allowing me to feature your yarn!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For ONE of you lucky readers: You will win the featured skein!!!!!!
 



In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Go over to the Riverside Studio website and tell me what colorway you like?
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on JULY 20th.
 

6 comments:

{ Kathy Wallace } at: July 12, 2015 at 8:19 PM said...

So many gorgeous colors! Although I have to admit, Gloaming is my absolute favorite - it's just stunning!

{ Betsy } at: July 12, 2015 at 10:29 PM said...

I love the bubblegum speckled color.it reminds me of ice cream that I loved as a child.

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: July 13, 2015 at 12:43 AM said...

I love the Veronik and is a bit different to what I would normally choose 😄

{ Linda } at: July 13, 2015 at 8:39 AM said...

All of the colors are so pretty! Wasabi is one of my favorites.
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ Claudie } at: July 13, 2015 at 1:08 PM said...

It's hard to choose! I really love the Damson and Denim colorway though.

{ Hind DP } at: July 13, 2015 at 2:34 PM said...

So many pretty colors. My favorite one is Fog.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews