Keblinger

Keblinger

Night Owl Fibers

| Sunday, July 5, 2015
 

REVIEW (1 of 2)
 
 
Happy belated Canada Day to all of our Canadian readers and a happy 4th of July to all those reading in the US.  This weeks review is one that I have been particularly excited about for some time. for those of you who follow me on instagram, you will have seen me test knitting this outstanding yarn for the last few weeks.  The yarn that I am sharing with you all this week is created by a very talented and young lady that has quite a talent for her craft of dying.  I love the idea of introducing you to someone who is in our fiber community that at a young age has just fallen in love with what she does!! Take a look at her bio below.
 
 
 
 
 
"My name is Rachel and I am in High School. I have been knitting for 10 years and enjoy designing patterns. So far I have designed sweaters, finger less gloves and socks. My Etsy store opened in December of 2014 and I love playing with bright, bold colors. Dyeing yarn has become a passion of mine. In my spare time I enjoy working out, listening to music and of course knitting.
  Please join the Night Owl Fibers group on Ravelry.
 
Night Owl Fibers is a creative outlet and expression of myself. I personally hand dye each item in my store and I am also a pattern designer. Some of my designs are socks, sweaters, and lace patterns.  I like to use a drop spindle to spin my own yarn and one day would love to own a spinning wheel. In my spare time I enjoy music, swimming, running and working out at the gym. I am a home schooled high school student and volunteer at the local hospital every Wednesday afternoon. After high school I plan on going to college but have not decided on a major at this time."
 
 

Self-Striping Superwash Merino & Nylon Sock

Light Fingering / 3 ply
75% Merino, 25% Nylon
463 yards / 100 grams
 
Speckled Superwash Merino & Nylon sock yarn is a fun yarn. The speckling in this yarn is from little, tiny bits of white that remind me of speckled Easter eggs. This is a super soft 4 ply Superwash Merino and Nylon sock (fingering) yarn. The nylon adds strength and durability while the merino wool is soft and squishy. This yarn will make beautiful socks, shawls, fingerless gloves, and so much more. Each skein is hand painted individually and is one of a kind. 
 
 
 
The most adorable gobstopper wound ball ever.  She takes the time and hand winds the yarn so that you can see every color in the sequence, such a great touch in presentation.  I love knitting with self striping yarn for a number of reasons, but this particular ball of yarn just seemed to fly off the needles and I think that is partly due to the fact of wanting to see each expertly dyed color change.  For those of you who do not know how much work goes into a self striping yarn, take my word for it, its a labor of love and Rachel obviously loves what she does.  Her love and passion for dying is evident in each ball of yarn that she makes. 
 
 
 


Besides being a self striping yarn nut, I'm
 also a push over for sparkle in my yarn.  This sock base yarn was full of sparkle and I loved every stitch of it!  This is how the yarn knit up, and I am "Over the Moon Happy" with the outcome!!!
The actual yarn while knitting was very smooth and enjoyable to work with.
 
 
 
 



 Night Owl Fibers receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Rachel for sharing all of your amazing Self Striping Yarn!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
Please everyone take a few minuets to indulge and go look at the Night Owl Fibers Shop.  I think you just might find her to be a "go to" now for self striping sock yarn!!







 


1 comments:

{ Kim D } at: July 10, 2015 at 1:23 PM said...

I love how these dyers wind their balls and if I had not gotten my kitty natured Tuesday ad wasn't totally broke I would order this ball in a heart beat. https://img0.etsystatic.com/068/0/10368964/il_570xN.779709502_e7zl.jpg

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews