Keblinger

Keblinger

Narwhal Needlework

| Monday, July 20, 2015
 
REVIEW 2 OF 2
 
 
Good Morning 'Readers!'  I am super excited to feature this weeks yarn review.  Admiring this yarn dyer is an understatement, I have been drooling over her yarn for quite some time now.  Hopefully you all feel the same way by the time your finish reading this review.  Make sure you see all the amazing yarn she has to offer in her shop.
 
 
"I learned to crochet in February of 2014 and that started off my crazy journey into the finer world.  I couldn't get enough of it, and soon I wanted to make my own yarn.  I taught myself to spin and knit using a combination of YouTube tutorials and knitting podcasts.  It was learning to knit socks that got me started with dying.  Once I discovered the wild world of sock yarn, I knew that I needed to start dyeing my own.
With all of these new hobbies, I quickly had more yarn and fiber than I could ever use.  Narwhal Needlework started as a hobby, through which I sold and shared m creations.  However, starting this business has opened me up to a community of fiber crafters that has been incredibly supportive and positive.  This feedback and support has helped me to turn my hobby into a business that I am passionate about growing.
Through my shop, I mainly sell hand dyed yarn and fiber, but I also offer some hand spun yarns.  My colorways are mostly based on my interests and travel experiences, with some interesting surprises from the dye pot thrown in, too!  I tend to dye in series, with my favorite being my Firefly-inspired series."
 
 
I just have to say..."How cute is she!"
 
Emily has provided two yarns for review this week; one is her most popular base and the other is a new base that she is really excited to share with you all.
 
 

Squishy Sock 

Fingering / 4 ply
75% Merino, 25% Nylon
462 yards / 100 grams
 


 
I can see why this is a popular base, it is really a Squishy Sock base!!  This particular skein is a Harry Potter inspired color that is perfectly named; 'Potions Master.'  This is a Snape color for sure. 
Emily does a fantastic job with her soft colors as a base and then finishes off with a speckling that really gives the skein its signature look. 
 

Silky Sock

Fingering / 4 ply
55% Bluefaced Leicester, 45% Silk
438 yards / 100 grams
 



 
"Queens Day" is an inspiration from travels to the Netherlands.  I am currently enjoying every bit of knitting with this yarn.  The silk in the base brings out a shimmer of each carefully selected color and makes it alive with elegance.  I really love the feel of the yarn as well.  It has a loose twist with the softest feel and slick feeling from the silk, it makes for easy knitting on the needles.  This yarn would make some stunning and strong socks, but I just has to make mine into a shawl that I can display around my neck.  I am going to love this come the fall when I can really get some use out of its warmth and perfect color!
 
I would defiantly recommend you all pick up as skein or two to try out Emily's amazing yarn.  For true sock lovers, the Squishy Sock is a must, for those who may not have a project in mind yet but really want to try Narwhal Needlework's yarns, take the plunge and order a skein of Silky Sock today.  You will not be sorry, in fact I will just tell you all that this is a big enabling yarn.  Shop until you drop!
Narwhal Needlework receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Emily for allowing me to feature your yarn!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For ONE of you lucky readers: You will win the featured skein!!!!!!
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Go over to the Narwhal Needlework website and tell me what colorway you like?
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on JULY 27th.
  

 

 
 

9 comments:

{ Deb } at: July 20, 2015 at 2:31 PM said...

I love koekenhoff groen, a yellow and purple blend that I hope I spelled correctly. She has beautiful yarns.

{ JKH51 } at: July 20, 2015 at 7:38 PM said...

I like The Land of Ooo....so many pretty ones to choose from! Thanks for the giveaway!

JKnits51 on Ravelry

{ Kathy Wallace } at: July 21, 2015 at 8:17 AM said...

Gorgeous colors! I like Rocket Power.
sassykrafty on Ravelry

{ Claudie } at: July 21, 2015 at 10:35 AM said...

Fresh Air is gorgeous though I LOVE the Firefly colorways as well.

{ Andi } at: July 22, 2015 at 5:23 AM said...

Oh goodness, is it any wonder that you are drooling over her yarn? Thank you for introducing me to this talented dyer.
While all her colors could easily be a fav, the fist one that caught my eye was The Land of Ooo!

{ Kim D } at: July 22, 2015 at 2:23 PM said...

What an awesome shop name.. makes me want to sing NArwhals NArwhals singing in the ocean causing quite the commotion cause they're really awesome. Oh and I love the speckles... I also love Rocket Power :)

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: July 22, 2015 at 11:48 PM said...

Hero Canton is one of the ones I love but too many to choose from 😀😀😀

{ k2ntrish } at: July 25, 2015 at 9:26 AM said...

I loved Queen's Day as soon as I laid eyes on it!
hotknitter on Rav

{ Brianne } at: July 25, 2015 at 4:51 PM said...

So many beautiful options, but my eyes kept coming back to Dr Watson's Pullover

BeingBrianne on Rav

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews