Keblinger

Keblinger

End of the Row Yarns

| Sunday, July 26, 2015

End of the Row Yarns

 
REVIEW 2 OF 2
 
 
I'd like to introduce you all to Brenda, the dyer behind End of the Row Yarns.
 
 
 
 
"I started knitting in my early 20’s when I saw my mom teaching herself how to one night. “I want to do that.” I said. It’s been an addiction ever since. I’m a transplant from San Diego, California (Fletcher Hills/La Mesa area) with a 5-year stop in Fleming Island, Florida so warm weather knitting is what I should be doing and should be USED to doing, but the truth is; I am a wool-snob. I adore wool but I knit anything I can get my hands on. I’m now living in Annapolis, MD and enjoying all the Seasons, especially “real” winters and wearing all my wool garments! Woohoo!!
I recently opened a yarn shop on Etsy! End of the Row Yarns
I feature sock yarns in tonal and variegated colors in a variety of bases.
I have many, many knitters in my life so help and inspiration are always in reach! I love to learn new things."
 
Brenda has several bases that she offers in her shop and she has provided us with two different fingering weight yarns to review today.
 

Platinum BFL

Fingering / 4 ply
75% Bluefaced Leicester, 25% Nylon
464 yards / 100 grams
 


I love the deep rich colors that you will find all through this colorway.  It has shades of hunter green, Kelly green, turquoise, ocean blue and a few complementing shades in between.  One color transitions seamlessly into the other with out you ever realizing it.  Very generous yardage of 464 yards makes me think of several shawl patterns that his could beautifully be knit up into.  It also has a great twist to its plying that would also lend it to a fantastic pair of socks, pattern or not.
 

80/20 Sock

Fingering / 4 ply
80% Merino, 20% Nylon
400 yards / 100 grams  
 




So amazingly soft and just the right tonal shades to this orange colorway, perfectly named "Persimmon."  It is a perfect color match to the fruit that is so unique.  This tonal yarn would be amazing on its own or matched up with another solid/tonal yarn in any project.  A two colored shawl, stripes in a sweater or just an adorable fingering weight baby cardigan.
 
Fantastic twist and perfect for showing off stitch detail.  I love it!!!
 
 
No matter what base you choose to try of Brenda's yarns, I know you will be very pleased with what you pick.  She has color shades in all varieties, you will be sure to find one that fits your taste.
 
 
End of the Row Yarns receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Brenda for allowing me to feature your yarn!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For ONE of you lucky readers: You will win the featured skein!!!!!!
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Go over to the End of the Row Yarns website and tell me what colorway you like?
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on August 3rd.
  

  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: July 27, 2015 at 1:07 AM said...

Mother Earth my favourite but I like the winning yarn as well. Hope I win ..

{ Alina } at: July 27, 2015 at 7:59 AM said...

Mmm... Love these skeins! The colors look amazing!

{ Claudie } at: July 27, 2015 at 1:53 PM said...

I'm loving Winter Sage!

{ Hind DP } at: July 28, 2015 at 11:47 AM said...

My favorite is the blue and green one shown above, it's gorgeous! I didn't see one like it in the shop.

{ Katiebell } at: July 31, 2015 at 2:38 AM said...

I love Dragon. It is a perfect green.

{ Susan Carroll } at: July 31, 2015 at 8:19 AM said...

Since I'm getting ready for football season, Teri's Idea, popped out at me. It'd make a great pair of socks to wear for Saturday football...Go Huskers!

{ wooliegirl } at: July 31, 2015 at 1:13 PM said...

Hmmmmm, hard decision but the Loverly color is calling my name!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews