Keblinger

Keblinger

Lambstrings

| Sunday, June 21, 2015
 
 
REVIEW (1 OF 2)
 
Hello 'Readers'! I hope today finds you well and that your indulging in some kind of crafting.  I imagine that most of you are enjoying your days outside in the warmth of the sun, drinking a tall glass of iced tea and taking a few minutes for your selves.  That is my hope for you all.
 
This week I would like to introduce you to an amazing dyer; designer, blogger and knitter.  She has recently launched her Etsy shop and has some amazing color choices and a large range of bases for you all to check out for yourselves.
 
 
 
Such a vibrant young woman with a true talent for the fiber arts in so many avenues.
 
"I began knitting over 10 years ago in college and quickly discovered how therapeutic and productive it was. I would knit in between painting classes at school using the wooden ends of paint brushes (usually different sizes), which produced some pretty wonky scarves! I loved everything about it immediately. I couldn't wait to finish a painting so I could reward myself with some knitting time.
After graduating art school, I just felt I that I needed a break from paint and canvas, so I picked up the needles full time, and haven't been able to put them down since. It wasn't long before my love for art and knitting transformed into one big yarn ball of...love. I began dyeing, relearning color theory, and designing patterns. Of course my need to share all of these things took priority as well, and thus Lambstrings was born!

I mean, really...
What's not to love about yarn? The look, the feel, the origin, creating the color, dyeing the yarn, the process of creating a personal handmade piece of art, and finally, the finished piece, it's a no-brainer!
So much love and heart goes into creating a handmade piece. It is truly the most thoughtful gift one could share with a loved one or cherish for themselves.

My mission is to provide the most beautiful building blocks for those treasured items!

My colors are inspired by nature, people, stories, and emotions. They are colors that I wish were more available, colors that make me happy, colors that I have fallen in love with and want to wear. I am always looking fore more inspiration and experimenting with new ideas and color combinations!"
 
 
What she has provided for our review today is her Sport base.
 

Ramsey Sport

100% Certified Organic Merino Wool
298yards/ 3.2 oz
5.5-6 sts/ 1' on US# 4-6 needles
Hand Wash, Lay flat to dry
 
 
Let me first say...I did my best to show the depth of color in this skein of yarn, but the photos are never as good as in person.  Having said that, I think this is such a lush and blush shade of pink, it just makes my heart sing.  I love that you get subtle hues that blend into the dye as you hold it in your hand.  Knitted up is even more elaborate and decadent.  I would call this a mix of a solid and a tonal, not really falling into one or the other category, but a beautiful blend of each.

 
Sport weight yarn is such a versatile tool in a knitters stash.  This can be used to knit several items that you will be sure to fall in love with when all knit up.  The hand to this yarn is amazingly extra soft for a 100% Marino.  I would easily put this next to skin for a cowl, hat or "A set of cabled Mittens Anyone!!!"

 
I just have to say how much I appreciate Shanna's extra and personal touches.  Her yarn tags as so adorably printed and on fantastic cardstock, it makes me what to just hold on to the tag because it is so well done.  Great touches like this can really tell you about the quality of a dyer.  As well as the adorable stitch minder that she included with the yarn.  Take a look at this beaded marker with the adorable silver bike charm attached to it.
 
 
 
 
I am just gushing over this yarn and many more of the yarns that she has listed in her shop right now.  I say RIGHT NOW because, after this posts I am not sure how many she will have left.  Really 'Readers,' this is some amazing yarn that you all need to consider picking up a skein of.
 
 
 Lambstrings receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again ~Shanna Felice~ for sharing your brilliant yarns!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
Q:What colorway is calling out to you making your heart sing?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews