Keblinger

Keblinger

Crave Yarn

| Monday, June 15, 2015
 
REVIEW 2 of 2
 

 
Please let me introduce to you a fantastic woman and the owner/dyer behind Crave Yarn.
 
"Please call me Amor. Yes, it means "Love," and yes, that is actually my name (shy smile)...I love you too mom. Anywho, it's a pleasure to have you here. I'm the owner and dyer of CRAVE Yarns. It was a rich path filled with wonderful memories and friendships that led me to CRAVE.
 

Enter, the dyepot: Now, I know all of you out there understand how satisfying it is to give someone a gift that you have made with your own two hands, and all the better if it is something that really speaks to their tastes, or style, or need. Well, that's what drew me to fiber dyeing, the possibility of adding one more layer of thoughtful personalization to my hand knit and crocheted gifts. Now that elegant shawl that I've given to my dear friend is the first one she reaches for when she has a chill...not only because it's warm, soft, and beautifully patterned, but also because it's made in her favorite color. It speaks to her. That's what CRAVE is all about, giving all of you artisans (don't be modest now), fibers and colors that speak to you, and to anyone else who is lucky enough to receive your heartfelt handmade creations."
 
~Amor~
 
 

 ONE

 
Fingering / 4 ply
100% Merino
380 yards
 

 
This is an amazing blue/green color that is just loaded with tonal color.  Its a single ply yarn that is 100% Super Wash Fine Merino.  I have to tell you that for a single ply yarn, it is amazingly spun.  It is not felted in any areas nor is it over worked, simply light and beautiful.  This yarn would knit up gracefully into a light weight shawl of any kind.  So soft and really delicate, just a dream to knit with.
 
 

Filigree

 
Fingering / 4 ply
75% Merino, 25% Silk
440 yards
 


 
Stunning Silky shine to this amazing yarn!  I love using solid colored yarns that have a sheen to them.  It shows stitch definition so well and can really set a project apart from others.  Such a well dyed yarn that really takes up every bit of this brilliant peacock blue, she has appropriately named it 'Visionary'.
 
 
Crave Yarn.  has a fantastic new website that is so user friendly and is so well done.  You will find all of your yarn needs and desires on this site and I am sure you will be interested to find much more.
 
Crave Yarn. receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Amor for sharing your stunning yarns!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For ONE of you lucky readers: You will win the featured skeins of Emerald City!!!!!!
 

 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Go over to the Crave Yarn website and tell me what base & colorway you like to try?
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on JUNE 22nd.
 

8 comments:

{ JKH51 } at: June 15, 2015 at 3:53 PM said...

I like the 75/25 SW ULTRAFINE MERINO & MULBERRY SILK In the Treelore or Burnt Sienna colorways! Thanks for the giveaway!

JKnits51 on Ravelry

{ stephigordon } at: June 16, 2015 at 6:15 AM said...

Wow! I love her colors!!!! I love the Filigree Fingering yarns - any of the blues/teals are amazing - Bookish, Elegant Thought, Curio - every one is gorgeous! Thank you!
Stephanie (indigodogmontana on Rav)

{ wooliegirl } at: June 16, 2015 at 6:20 PM said...

I have a crush on the Mauvelyn in the Traveling Base that is being discontinued.

{ Deb } at: June 17, 2015 at 10:23 AM said...

So many yummy colors but I love voice the vision in Dk. Curio is also tempting.

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: June 17, 2015 at 2:14 PM said...

I like the filigree mulberry silk and Merino. The green is a good colour for me😄

{ Betsy } at: June 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM said...

I'd like to try the dalliance dk in the curio color.

{ k2ntrish } at: June 19, 2015 at 1:20 PM said...

I like Moonlit Vineyard on the Filigree DK base.
hotknitter on rav

Anonymous at: June 20, 2015 at 6:42 PM said...

I love all the colors in the DK weight. They are scream MITTENS!!
Teresa K

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews