Keblinger

Keblinger

aRockandaTree

| Sunday, June 7, 2015

aRockandaTree

 
Good morning 'Readers.'  I hope the beginning of June finds you all well and enjoying your start to summer.  It is certainly warming up in the NW, we will be in the 90's over this weekend.
 
 
This week I have the privilege of sharing with you a new to me yarn, aRockandaTree.  Elisa is the master mind behind the amazingly dyed independent yarn company.  She has so many amazing yarns that I am sure you are all going to enjoy.
 
"My best friend taught me the basics of knitting a decade ago, but I've taught myself every advanced technique since then.  I also taught myself to crochet about 5 years ago.
I started dyeing yarn because I was frustrated with not being able to find the colors I wanted at my LYS.  The idea of having complete control over my colorways was very appealing to me, though I quickly learned that there is no such thing as 100% control when it comes to dyeing.  
My inspiration can come from anywhere, be it cloths, my natural surroundings, pretty much anything I see.  Sometimes ill build a colorway around a name alone, as I did for 'Rusty Bumper.'  Mostly I just go with the flow and whatever happens, happens.
My usual techniques include hand painting, speckled dyeing and kettle dyeing. 
In my spare time you can find me hula hooping, doing yoga, camping cooking reading and road trips all with my husband of 10 years and three boys age ranging from 8 to 19 months."
 
~Elisa~
 

DK Superwash Merino

DK / 8 ply
231 yards / 100 g
100% Superwash Merino
 
"Nail Salon"
 


 
I am in love with this base that Elisa has to offer.  DK weight is such a fun and versatile weight that I think everyone should have it in a yarn stash.  The twist that its spun up with makes it amazingly squishy and has a bounce to it that makes you want to keep touching the skein over and over...
 
 
Her coloring of this yarn is one of her speckled yarns and really gives the effect or the look of "Sprinkles" when knit up.  Really...does it get any more fun than that.  As promised, she loves to build yarns that fit the name and 'Nail Salon' is no exception to this rule.  I can see her inspiration in glancing over at a hand full of nail polishes, for sure.
 
 
How fun would this skein be knit up into a pair of fingerless mittens.  You could even use them in the fall/winter after just getting a fresh manicure.  What a perfect combination.

Another point of interest that I wanted to bring to you attention is her detail to her photos in her shop.  Elisa has some of the most color accurate photos of her yarns that I think I have ever seen.  You will not be disappointed when you order a skein or two from her and get it in the mail to find that it is not really what you thought.  She does an amazing job of staging and photography and as a consumer I think that is fantastic and very helpful.

~Just some photo examples~





 
 aRockandaTree receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Elisa for sharing your amazing yarns!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
  
 
 

 

 


1 comments:

{ rinebird } at: June 7, 2015 at 2:32 PM said...

I love a rock and a tree yarn, yes the photos are beautiful.

Rinebird on Ravelry

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews