Keblinger

Keblinger

Witch Candy Yarn

| Sunday, May 31, 2015


Hello my "Readers!"  I am so pleased to be back with you after the birth of our second daughter.  Everyone is adapting wonderfully and we are so blessed with our girls.  So thanks to you all for your patience and all your well wishes.
 
 
Getting right into the good stuff, we have a real treat today for our yarn review.  I am thrilled to share what I think will be a new favorite for you all.  I know you will all find something that you just can not live without after reading this review and visiting this etsy shop.
 
May I please introduce you to WITCH CANDYSusan is the brilliantly color minded individual be hind this amazing yarn line. 
 
"When I was little my mom used to look at the outfits I’d put together and say, “everything has to be a circus with you!” As far as I was concerned, If I wasn’t wearing at least 10 different colors, my outfit was a complete bust! Dyeing yarn allows me to explore this colorful side of myself that is just bursting to come out in an explosion of fuchsia, scarlet and sapphire."
~Susan~
 
 

 
 

Superwash Merino / Nylon Sock

 Fingering / 4 ply
 463 yards /100 g
US 0 - 3 or 2 - 3.25mm
75% Wool - Merino - 25% Manufactured Fibers - Nylon
 

 
Susan has a real way with color!  She has a way of tastefully combining color in a way that is unlike other dyers but is so striking when it is all put into a skein.   This is her" Double Rainbow" color way.  I just love the shades of colors that she uses and then keeps small amounts of large white pieces dispersed in the skein.  I am telling you this skein is screaming to be socks or a simple garter patterned shawl.  It has such a scrunch and bounce back to it when it is handled it is really a delight.
 

 
 

 Sparkle Sock

Fingering / 4 ply
438 yards/100g
 US 0 - 3 or 2 - 3.25mm

75% Wool - Merino
20% Manufactured Fibers - Nylon
5% Other
 

Just when you were getting excited about her amazing colors, Susan goes and adds her color expertise to a sparkle base and steps up the game.  I love sparkle in yarn, it just does something extra special that no other yarn base can do.  Again I love her fun play on this colorway, "Space Unicorn."  With a name like that I think I would just purchase it on that alone.  Pops of color brilliance are all over her yarns.


 
I really hope you all find a little color to add to your stash this week from Susan's Shop

 
  Witch Candy Yarn receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Susan for sharing your amazing yarns!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For ONE of you lucky readers: You will win the featured skeins of Double Rainbow!!!!!!
 

 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Go over to the Etsy shop and tell me what colorway you like the best? And what you would knit it into.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on JUNE 8th.
 

28 comments:

Kath Baer at: May 31, 2015 at 10:51 AM said...

My favorite color is Casey's Birthday cake, I'd love to knit it into a "wraptastic" wrap (ravelry by stitchnerd)

{ Leigh } at: May 31, 2015 at 12:07 PM said...

I really like Purple Haze. It reminds me of something Prince would wear (or sing!). I would make a really awesome shawl if I had some.

{ Linda } at: May 31, 2015 at 12:37 PM said...

My favourite is Parakeet. I love the soft greens and yellow, with blue too. I think it would make very cute bonbon bunnies or Voodoo you love me dolls.

{ Perrin } at: May 31, 2015 at 1:06 PM said...

The Irises - Since I was just in southern France and saw his inspiration for the painting. I would make Dream Stripes
by Cailliau Berangere with it.

{ kim yancey } at: May 31, 2015 at 1:50 PM said...

Casey's birthday cake!! I'd make sock head hat!

Kim Allen at: May 31, 2015 at 2:21 PM said...

I really like the color Blamo! And I would end up knitting a pair of socks from the rose city rollers pattern. :) I am a ravelry group member.

Anonymous at: May 31, 2015 at 3:07 PM said...

"If I Got to Design Fatigues " is stunning... I so love the colors of it! Many of your other purple and greens are incredible as well!
I am now a ravelry group member as well.

(Jody Erdman, who is struggling to figure out how to get my name on here. I etsy-messaged you)

{ Laura } at: May 31, 2015 at 3:31 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Nixon at: May 31, 2015 at 3:34 PM said...

I love all Witch Candy's yarn colors but in particular would like to make a Wingspan or Wellenbaktus shawl with Always a Bridesmaid or Sand Ar

{ Sarah B } at: May 31, 2015 at 3:38 PM said...

I like the space unicorn! I would probably knit it up in hermione sock pattern

{ Divafly } at: May 31, 2015 at 3:52 PM said...

All ways a bridesmaid!...I'd knit a shawl for a friend who is always complaining the same sentence! with those pretty colors maybe a preposal will be in the works!...lol!

Fran L'Heureux at: May 31, 2015 at 3:59 PM said...

Absolutely amazing yarn! Love "Always A Bridesmaid" because it reminds of a dear friend who loves pansies - I'd make her a shawl so she could have pansies all year round - thank you for your generosity

Anonymous at: May 31, 2015 at 4:24 PM said...

I've been eyeing matchbox car for quite some time now :) I'd probably make socks but maybe a shawl :)

thanks for the chance to win :)

kollerskrafts (rav)

Anonymous at: May 31, 2015 at 5:22 PM said...

I love Strawberry Shortcake. I am making fingerless gloves for my co-workers for Christmas (14, so I have to get a jump on it) and would love to make a pair out of this. I think they would be lovely. Thank you for your generosity with this contest and the chance to win. I am on Ravelry as possumqueen. I don't know how to post my name with the comment, but I am Jean Millwood.

{ Rebecca Ginn } at: May 31, 2015 at 8:05 PM said...

I love, love, love Casey's Birthday Cake! I would like to make a shawl or sweater with it.

{ Ress } at: May 31, 2015 at 9:27 PM said...

I love If I Got to Design Fatigues! She has some amazing color combinations!

{ Anna } at: June 1, 2015 at 5:23 AM said...

Lost Horizon is gorgeous!

Caitlin Dunnavant at: June 1, 2015 at 6:23 AM said...

I love The Irises colorway. I would proabaly want to make a shawl with it to really showcase the colorings!

{ k2ntrish } at: June 1, 2015 at 4:36 PM said...

I don't usually wear yellow, but the yellow in Sand Paint drew my eye. I would make a shawl from it to highlight all the bright, fun colors.
hotknitter on rav

{ rinebird } at: June 1, 2015 at 4:39 PM said...

Congrats on your baby.
I love globe trotter.

{ Linda } at: June 1, 2015 at 6:15 PM said...

I like Purple Haze. I'd knit a Sockhead.
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ Beth Fegley } at: June 1, 2015 at 7:51 PM said...

Oceana or Always a Bridesmaid. Would knit a 1/2 Pi Shawl!

{ Beth Fegley } at: June 1, 2015 at 7:54 PM said...

Oceana or Always a Bridesmaid. Would knit a 1/2 Pi Shawl!

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: June 2, 2015 at 12:17 AM said...

I love the Bird of Paradise 😀😀😀 I don't know what I would knit though ....

{ Crystal Balzer } at: June 2, 2015 at 10:44 AM said...

I love Matchbox Car. I'd make a lovely pair of socks with it!

{ Pugspearlsandpurls } at: June 3, 2015 at 8:06 AM said...

They are all so cool. I think I would have to go with a bunch of different colors with the Penny Candy mini skeins and make a miniskein linen stitch scarf.

{ Betsy } at: June 3, 2015 at 10:10 PM said...

I love the ocean colorway. I think it would become socks.

{ Claudie } at: June 4, 2015 at 11:38 AM said...

I love the Heart Shaped Box colorway and I think it would have to be a hat or a cowl. Something near my face for sure!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews