Keblinger

Keblinger

Havirland Yarns

| Monday, May 11, 2015
 
 
 
Good afternoon 'Readers,' I hope Monday finds you all well and in good spirits.  And for those of you who are not finding Monday to be something to be excited about, this yarn review just might put you in a better mood and inspire some stash enhancement!
 
 
Havirland yarns is created by Carol. 
"I am a self-taught knitter (and now yarn dyer) located on the east coast of the United States. I've spent years knitting for family, friends and co-workers, who are probably sick of always receiving knitted gifts from me by now!   Horror movie enthusiast. I also (not so) secretly wish every day was Halloween.!!"
 
 
She has provided for our review today two of the different sock bases that she cares as well as two different dye techniques on these bases.  I know you will be just as excited about these two yarns as I was when I laid eyes on them.  Carol is extremely talented in her dye process and the photos that I am about to share with you will show that talent off very nicely.
 
 
 
 

75/25 Sock

Light Fingering / 3 ply
460 yards/100 g 
US 0 - 2 or 2 - 2.75mm
75% SW Merino / 25% Nylon
 
 
Colorway~ Cherry Blossom Festival
 
 
What is not to be desired about this yarn.  The name gives it the perfect look of its description.  You have a cream/light pink all over undertone and then you get these small strips of dark cherry red and a golden yellow.  Then to top it all off, she adds her own splatter technique that just makes this skein of yarn sing!!  The color is right on and would knit up into anything spectacular!
 
 
This base of 75/25 is also very generous in yardage coming in at 460 yards.  Not only could you knit up the perfect spring time socks but you have quite the overage for most fingering weight projects that are not socks.  I could see using 2-3 skeins of this for a light feather weight cardigan to kick of spring/summer knitting.  The yarn is extremely soft for the amount of nylon content in it, so this is for sure a 'next to skin' yarn in my book.
 
 
 

90/10 Sock

Light Fingering / 3 ply
480 yards / 100 g
90% SW Merion Wool /10% Nylon
 
 
Colorway~ Random Acts
 

I'm head over heals for this fun pastel color!!  How can you not see the fun pops of mint green, baby blue and what I would call baby pink.  Such a great color on its own or worked together with a solid.
 


 
I have to point this out again...Carol is amazingly generous with her yardage at 480 yards.  This base has a much squishier feel and a bigger bounce back when you manipulate it.  Great twist that will provide longevity to any of your projects.  I'm thinking a summer shawl would be outstanding for this yarn.  You really have to just get a skein or two for your self to really get the full effect of what Havirland yarns is all about.  You will be so excited that you did!!
 
 
     Havirland Yarns receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Carol for sharing your amazing yarns!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For ONE of you lucky readers: You will win the featured skeins of Cherry Blossom Festival!!!!!!
 
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Go over to the Etsy shop and tell me what colorway you like the best?
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on April 18th.
(disclaimer...unless I have my baby that day...lol)
if that happens it will post ASAP.
 
~Thank you all for your understanding~
 

4 comments:

Anonymous at: May 12, 2015 at 6:39 AM said...

Oh so hard to choose! They are all so lovely but if forced to choose it would be Butterfly Garden.
All the best as you await the arrival of your wee one!
Thanks,
cynthialeigh2 on Rav.

{ Kathy Wallace } at: May 12, 2015 at 7:19 AM said...

Such beautiful colors! I think my favorite is For Ky. sassykrafty on Ravelry

{ k2ntrish } at: May 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM said...

My fave definitely is Something Wicked.
hotknitter on Rav

{ Betsy } at: May 16, 2015 at 9:22 PM said...

I love mad scientist and woodland. Betsy. Dixieknitter73 on Ravelry.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews