Keblinger

Keblinger

Kaya Lana

| Monday, March 30, 2015
 
Happy Monday 'Readers.'  We have a fantastic yarn review this week and it comes to us all the way from Zürich, Switzerland.  I must say that as much as the Swiss are known for some amazing chocolate, they need to also add to the list, amazing silk yarns!!!
 
Our dyer Jana has some spectacular yarns to share with us today.
 
 
Besides the fact that Jana is just as adorable as could be, I have to tell you her yarns are a stand alone and you all need to make sure you take a look at her hand dyed yarn line.
 
"I am addicted to yarn. I love all shades of colour. That is the reason why I opened an online shop for yarn and fibre. I can touch and watch them every day.
I also offer my own yarn brand. I purchase the yarn from a Swiss spinning mill and dye the beautiful silk yarns by my own.
In my other live I am a IT Project manager in a hospital, wife and mother of a girl."
 
~Jana~
 
 

BCS

Light Fingering/ 3 ply
218 yards/ 50 g
US 2½ - 6 or 3 - 4mm
65% Swiss Silk / 35% Camel
 
 
I am so blown away with how touch ably soft this yarn is!  The Swiss silk gives the yarn its strength and the baby camel is just as soft as it sounds.  These yarns are every so slightly tonal with just a hint of color variation.  It really gives the yarn such a rich look when you have the skein in your hand.
 
 
You could really knit anything and everything with this yarn.  So soft and so warm, I think I would do a color work hat to show off the fantastic dye job. 

 
 

 LILLY

Sport / 5 ply
  328 yards/ 100 g
 US 2½ - 6 or 3 - 4mm
 51% Silk/ 29% Merino /20% Microfiber
 
 
Her sport weight yarn is just as stunning.  Everyone should have a skein or two of this in stash for sure.  A cowl, shawl, hat and if you just so lucky, a sweater!  How wonderful that would be.
 

 
I love how she had almost hidden little pops of yellow in the shades of the first skein.

 
 
    Kaya Lana receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Jana for sharing your amazing yarns!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For ONE of you lucky readers: You will win the TWO featured skeins of BCS!!!!!!
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what you would make with this yarn if you win.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on April 6th.

11 comments:

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: March 31, 2015 at 12:26 AM said...

I would love to win and I would knit some kind of top or scarf 😄

{ rinebird } at: March 31, 2015 at 6:09 AM said...

I would knit a shawl using the Age of Brass & Steam pattern. Beautiful yarn.

{ Jacquie Willson } at: March 31, 2015 at 3:06 PM said...

I would knit a shawl with this drapey yarn.

{ Jacquie Willson } at: March 31, 2015 at 3:06 PM said...

I would knit a shawl with this drapey yarn.

{ k2ntrish } at: March 31, 2015 at 7:22 PM said...

With such luscious yarns, it has to be a shawl. Although they're different weights I think I would use them together to make a striped one.
hotknitter on rav

{ Betsy } at: March 31, 2015 at 11:04 PM said...

This yarn would make a beautiful cowl or shawl.

{ Claudie } at: April 1, 2015 at 6:31 AM said...

I would make a cowl I think. Something to keep me warm for sure!

Knitnonthefloor at: April 1, 2015 at 1:41 PM said...

What beauties! Even though Winter is passing, I would make a cozy cowl!

{ JKH51 } at: April 1, 2015 at 6:19 PM said...

I would knit a shawl. Thanks for the giveaway!

JKnits51 on Ravelry

{ Sheila } at: April 1, 2015 at 11:31 PM said...

Those two colors together would make a lovely, soft, mosaic stitch cowl.

{ Linda } at: April 4, 2015 at 6:22 PM said...

I would make the Filmstrip Shawl.
Lmecoll on Ravelry

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews