Keblinger

Keblinger

Yankee Dyer Yarns

| Monday, September 1, 2014
Happy Labor Day Readers!!!  I hope that you all have plans for relaxation, family time and knitting today.  I am thrilled to share with you all a 'new to me' dyer.  I think you will find plenty to desire in The Yankee Dyer shop.
 
 
"We moved from Massachusetts to Maryland in 2008. A big change for a Yankee, but we adjusted in time.
I have been doing fiber arts as long as I can remember. I quilted for quite a number of years, mostly the 90’s and when we moved to Cape Cod, MA, I took up needlepoint and did that for about 10 years. I learned to crochet from my grandmother, but it never really stuck.
When we moved to Maryland, I was looking for something to do, mainly with a group and I found my LYS and I began knitting
I fell immediately in love with hand dyed yarn and had a fabulous time at Maryland Sheep and Wool. After a year, I decided to try dyeing and we fell in love. In 2012, The Yankee Dyer was born."
 
~Michele~
 
 

 
 
 

Yankee Sole II

Fingering / 4 ply
400 yards/ 100 grams
US 2 - 4 or 2.75 - 3.5mm
80% Merino/20% Nylon
 
This combination happens to be my favorite for socks.  Great twist to the yarn to help maintain strength to a sock; enough nylon to prevent holes yet soft enough to feel like your sock is hand made. 
 
I love all of the variety in color.  Such great combinations and fun color names.  I could see a pair of socks out of either of these two skeins. 
 
CRAZY MONKEY LOVE
 
 
 
 
NEAPOLITAN
 
 
 
I have to say that once you visit The Yankee Dyer's site, you will be sure to find a skein of sock yarn that is just calling our name.  She has more than just amazing sock yarn, she sells several other weights and bases.  I do think that you will agree with me that her color choices are amazing!!
 
Picture one of theses skeins knitted up into a Hermione's Everyday Sock or Monkey sock.  The choices are fun and endless.
 
 
 
 Yankee Dyer Yarns  receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Michele for all your color array of yarns!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
One of you lucky 'Readers' will win a skein of Crazy Monkey Love!!!!!
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what  colorway and yarn base you would buy from The Yankee Dyer shop.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on September 8th.
 
 The Yankee Dyer can be found on Facebook as well, take a look and get the latest shop information.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

{ pok } at: September 1, 2014 at 9:27 AM said...

I would get Yankee Clipper in Pool Party.

Anonymous at: September 1, 2014 at 10:28 AM said...

I would get Yankee Puritan in Ken's Socks. It would make a great pair of socks.
hotknitter on rav

{ JKH51 } at: September 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM said...

The Yankee Puritan in Fall Fling. Beautiful Fall colors!

{ Kim D } at: September 1, 2014 at 12:57 PM said...

well I love the https://www.etsy.com/listing/163906536/yankee-sole-ii-maple-sugar-candy?ref=shop_home_active_15 I am really into golds right now!

{ Claudie } at: September 1, 2014 at 3:32 PM said...

Purple Rain and Hocus Pocus in Yankee Sole II. The colors caught my attention and then the names sealed the deal. :)

{ Deb } at: September 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM said...

Gorgeous yarn. I love neptunes pride as a colorway

{ Linda } at: September 2, 2014 at 4:49 AM said...

Yankee Sole II in African Violet.
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ Kate (Hunter) Prater } at: September 2, 2014 at 6:47 AM said...

Berry mash

yellwlamb2 at: September 2, 2014 at 8:36 AM said...

Those are absolutly beautiful colors/yarns!! So Fun!

{ Sheila } at: September 2, 2014 at 7:19 PM said...

I'd go for the Ocean View on the Yankee Stride MCN base.

Kathleen at: September 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM said...

Yankee Sole II in Jam Mash Up--what a wonderful bunch of color! I'm kkkkate on Ravelry.

{ Betsy } at: September 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM said...

I really like Fall fling colorway in Yankee stride.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews