Keblinger

Keblinger

Quibble & Quibble for Girls

| Monday, September 15, 2014
 
 
Happy Monday Readers!  I am thrilled to finally be able to feel fall in the air, or for us knitters, "Sweater Season."  Its always such a festive time of year and the changing of the leaves is always a favorite.
 
 
I have a feature designer and her Mother & Daughter design to share with you today.  Speaking of fall, the feature design needs to go to the top of everyone's queue. Please let me introduce you to Amanda Woeger.
 
"I love to knit and while I do so, I have gotten into the habit of wanting" to figure out my own designs and patterns. I enjoy thinking about how to make something fit together just right. I am a perfectionist and always strive to make things just right when designing.
 
Amanda has a very active Ravelry Group that she keeps up to date with all of her newest pattern releases and fun KAL's that she might be hosting.  You all should take a look at all the amazing patterns that she has already out for the public.  Amazing!
 
Today we are taking a look at  Quibble & Quibble for Girls.
 


 
This pattern is so fun!  I love that you can just pull it over a long sleeve shirt and you have the perfect outfit.
The pattern is complete with a kangaroo style pocket in front and a hood in the back.  This is a great alternative to the "favorite hooded sweatshirt."  You could change things up and still be just as comfortable, if not more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Amada has done a great job with the construction of the pattern.  I especially liked the small cable detail that she put in  running from the underarms to the hip.  A small detail that really makes the pattern come alive. 
The pattern its self is very well written.  Clear and direct to exactly what she wants you to do. 
 
One other feature that I really appreciate as well as most of you all; she offers the pattern in a tremendous amount of sizes.  Not just your typical 4 sizes and then you are left to do a bunch of math and alterations.  Her pattern sizing goes from 28' bust to a 44' bust, everything in between is in increments of 2 inches difference.  If you are not really a 'hood person' she offers directions to knit the piece with out a hood.  Brilliant!!
 
And if this pattern were not cute enough, she made the matching Quibble for Girls!!
 




I just can not get over how adorable this would look on any little girl.  It would be the perfect "Day of Play Outside," little pull over.  Something to be worn and adored until its time to knit another one because she has out grown the current one.  This is a pattern that can really grow with your child.  Sizing is from age 1 (20' chest) to age 12 (30' chest).  I have my daughters cast on in a natural brown color of cascade.  I am so looking forward to finishing it and seeing it on her this fall!  I'm hoping to have it done for when we as a family go to the pumpkin patch and snap a few family photos.
 
 
Not matter what pattern of Amanda's you choose, she is a very well written pattern designer and you should really give her a try.
 
 

Amanda Woeger Designs  receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Amanda for your fantastic designs!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
Two of you lucky 'Readers' will win a copy of one of these patterns!!!!!
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me or Show me what yarn you would use and if you would like the Mother or Daughter pattern better to knit.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on September 22nd.
 

5 comments:

{ Julie Davis } at: September 15, 2014 at 8:32 AM said...

I would use Tosh dk Terra.

{ JKH51 } at: September 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM said...

Tosh Dk & I would prefer the Mother pattern.

JKnits51 on Ravelry

{ Betsy } at: September 15, 2014 at 4:34 PM said...

I would use a knit picks super wash wool yarn. I'd like the mother pattern.

{ rinebird } at: September 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM said...

I would use Tanis Fiber Arts DK & for my grandchild.

{ maria ishfaq } at: October 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM said...

Searching for Best online shops? Check this out!!!
Online shopping

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews