Keblinger

Keblinger

The Yarn Sisters offer Zealana Air

| Sunday, August 10, 2014



REVIEW 1 OF 2

Hello 'Readers', this week I have two yarn reviews for you.  I am so excited to share with you

The Yarn Sisters
 
"We are ’sisters’ in our love of natural fibers and the fiber arts. We also share a love of New Zealand and the gorgeous yarns produced there, particularly the possum yarns, which are helping New Zealand to avert an ecological disaster. We’d like to share a bit of what we’ve learned about that, and tempt you with some yarns that will take your needlework to a new level of luxury and enjoyment. "

Tempt you is just the beginning of what these 'sisters' have to offer in the way of amazing yarns.  I am thrilled to be featuring a yarn that the sisters carry called Air, made by  Zealana.


 
 
AIR is something extraordinary—an ultra soft, durable, pill-resistant yarn that is lighter and warmer than 100% cashmere. AIR features 40% of down from the brushtail possum fiber, combined with 40% cashmere and 20% mulberry silk. AIR is our most luxurious yarn.

Lace / 2 ply
191 yards/25 grams
US 1 - 2.25 mm




As I hold the ball in my hand it is amazingly small and holds an amazing amount of yardage in each.  The yarn is a lace weight that is spun so light and fine you feel as though it has no weight to it what so ever.  At first the thought of possum might not be appealing to some of you, but let me reassure you that it will soon become one of your go to luxury blend yarns.

If I had to describe the elegance of it I would say; it has the feel of 100% cashmere and it is extraordinary with how warm it is.  This yarn would make a perfect traditional smoke ring to keep warm in the winter, nice and light to put on but has the warmth to keep out that bitter cold. 



If you are like me and can or don't want to spend the money on 100% cashmere, you need to treat yourself to a few skeins of AIR.  You have my word you will not be sorry with what you end up with.  Knitting with the lace weight yarn was warming to the touch and as I knit a few rows at a time, I found myself stopping to just touch and admire the work that I had just knit.  Absolutely lovely!!


Make sure that when you pick up a few skeins of this wonderful yarn for your fall knitting, take a look at all the other amazing yarns that the Yarn Sisters carry, I think you will be really excited about the vision they have.

Air, made by  Zealana receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again The Yarn Sisters for all your amazing yarn!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews