Keblinger

Keblinger

Spark Story

| Monday, August 18, 2014
 
REVIEW 2 OF 2

Happy Monday Readers.  Have I got some stunning yarns to review for you today.  Please let me introduce to you Joyce who is the dyer behind Spark Story Yarn.  I have included her bio below so that you can get a good feel for her passion and craft.
 
My Name is Joyce,
 my partner, Yuta, and I are the owners and dyers behind our Etsy shop, but we often joke that our little shih tzu, Momo, (pictured in my ravatar) is the overlord who oversees the whole operation.


 
 

Yuta is an architect and I’m a medical editor. We spend a lot of time together doing various arts and crafts.
Dyeing yarn started with Yuta joking to me that I should try my hand at dyeing because I was always lamenting to him that I was never able to get the colors I wanted from my favorite dyers. So with a starter dye kit, off we went into the wonderful world of dyeing yarn. Things just kind of started from there and we were loving dyeing so much that we decided to open an Etsy shop this past June to offer the yarns we dye. Yuta has a more methodical approach to dyeing, whereas I have more spontaneous approach. I think this helps make our yarns unique.
One thing that we really love in being able to offer our yarns to others is that the yarn we dye can become part of someone else’s creative process. We think it’s so special that we can be part of that.
~Joyce~
 
Creative yarns is right, and its just the beginning of what these two have to offer in the way of yarn.  I was blown away with the yarns what were sent for this weeks review.  Lets me show you what I am talking about.


 

Bounce 3-ply Fingering

Light Fingering / 3 ply
490 yards/100 grams
100% Merino
 
 
I wanted to bring to you attention the tags on the yarn.  Not only are they perfectly detailed with all the information that you would find on a typical tag, but the front of the card is what is so unique.  The featured skein of yarn is actually printed in color on the card, with its color way name right on the front.  What a 'Brilliant' idea, it just shows how through Spark Story (Joyce) is.
 

 
This is the 'Stained Glass' color and what a fantastic name for such a stunning color.  You can see the light blue hues that run all through the yarn that remind me of glass and then the vibrant purples, pinks and deep blues that look like glass stain.  This takes talent to be able to dye yarn in this fashion.



 
 

Twistie Sock

Fingering / 4 ply
400 yards/100 grams
80% Merino - 20% Nylon
 

 
This is the color 'Golden Charr' and what a color it is.  Such deep earthy colors with pops of a rich gold color.  I could think of 10 things to knit out of this color.  It is just one of those colors that every one should have in a stash.  It can go with anything in a wardrobe. 
 
The yarns themselves, aside from fantastic color, are really well prepared.  The softness of the fiber and the twist are really great to work with.  Knitting with them was really enjoyable.  I love how smooth the yarn worked up on the needles.



 

  Spark Story receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again for all your stunningly colored Yarn!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
One of you lucky 'Readers' will be winning the featured skein of Golden Charr!!!!!
 
 
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what your favorite colorway of Spark Story is.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on August 25th.
 
Spark Story can also be found on Facebook, make sure to keep up to date with new colors from the shop.
 
 
 
 


14 comments:

{ rinebird } at: August 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM said...

I like a"Leafa " lovely colors.

{ JKH51 } at: August 18, 2014 at 10:33 AM said...

I like Golden Chan..beautiful colors!

{ Lori Knowles } at: August 18, 2014 at 10:47 AM said...

Stained Glass is gorgeous! What a nice review too!

{ Linda } at: August 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM said...

My favorite colorway is Golden Charr. Beautiful!
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ Hind DP } at: August 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM said...

La Mer, it's beautiful! Love the doggy too!

{ Deb } at: August 18, 2014 at 6:21 PM said...

So hard to choose, electric pink or morning mist....

{ Sheila } at: August 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM said...

I love the Jewelic Dark colorway.

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: August 19, 2014 at 12:42 AM said...

Spectra is one of my favourites. Thank you for the chance to win.

{ Kate (Hunter) Prater } at: August 19, 2014 at 8:51 AM said...

OOAK2 is me to a tea. It's like a raven, with other colors hiding in dark purple.

Anonymous at: August 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM said...

I think Miss Daisy would add the perfect highlight to many projects. Love its brightness.
hotknitter on rav

{ Michelle } at: August 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM said...

I love all the colorways! The Golden Charr is calling my name.

{ Betsy } at: August 20, 2014 at 2:38 PM said...

I like leafa and stained glass.

{ vkianna } at: August 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM said...

stained glass

{ Kim D } at: August 21, 2014 at 2:25 PM said...

her colors are very nice.... adding her to my favorites on Etsy I love her *Colorway: OOAK 3* and Spectra!! https://www.etsy.com/listing/200274907/spectra-100-superwash-merino-handpainted?ref=shop_home_active_1

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews