Keblinger

Keblinger

Red Barn Yarn

| Monday, August 11, 2014
 
 
REVIEW 2 OF 2
 
 
Red Barn Yarn is a well established yarn dying company.  They have such a quality and standard to all of the yarns that they lovingly create.  I am excited to share with you just one of may of the fantastic yarns that they carry.
 
 

Powder River


DK / 8 ply
260 yards/100 grams
US 5 - 7 or 3.75 - 4.5mm
75% Merino - 25% Alpaca



 
 
75% Rambouillet merino, 25% certified sorted alpaca, available in all colorways. 
 
This is the perfect balance of rustic and commercial yarn.  It greatly resembles the look of a barber polled two ply handspun yarn.  The color its self is several shades of red; everything from a tomato red to a rustic barn red.  Such a classic yarn that would make the perfect pair of winter mittens if you ask me. 
The texture of the yarn really reminds me of handspun yarn.  It has a very uniform spin to it but the way that the ply's dance around each other is so rustic looking.  I just love it.
 
 
 
 
  
 Red Barn Yarn receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again for all your brilliantly colored Yarn!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
One of you lucky 'Readers' will be winning the featured skein of Powder River in the "Pagoda" colorway!!!
 
 
 
  
 In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what you would knit with this yarn.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on August 18th.
 
 


8 comments:

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: August 12, 2014 at 3:03 AM said...

I will knit something for my daughter not sure what?? Maybe scarf or gloves:-)

{ JKH51 } at: August 12, 2014 at 6:39 AM said...

A beautiful scarf....not sure what pattern.

{ Emily Whipple } at: August 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM said...

Mittens!

{ jengi33 } at: August 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM said...

Beautiful yarn! I just joined your ravelry group! I would make a lovely cowl with the yarn!

{ Lori } at: August 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM said...

I thought that it was handspun when I first saw the photos. Hats and cowls are my go to projects for single skeins these days.

{ Linda } at: August 13, 2014 at 7:13 AM said...

I would knit fingerless mitts.
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ xstitchmama1 } at: August 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM said...

I would make socks scarf and legwarmers.LOVE THIS COLER!!!

{ Betsy } at: August 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM said...

That would be a lovely hat or pair of mitts.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews