Keblinger

Keblinger

Gecko Yarns

| Monday, August 4, 2014
Happy first Monday of August.  What has happened to the summer, kids are already starting back to school!!!  I hope you all had a great weekend and did something fun.
 
Today I have the opportunity to review a yarn company that I have admired for a while.  Gecko Yarns is located in Mesa, Arizona and Lauri is the color artist behind this fantastic yarn co.  Let be share a little info with you about her in her bio.
 
 
 "I’m the Head Honcho of Gecko Yarns, married, stay-at-home mom, and I just finished my 2nd Bachelors degree, this time in Biochemistry. I’m also an archer and competitive racewalker. Mostly fluent in Hungarian (see fav curse word). Love Harry Potter books and the movies. Trying to finish writing a sci-fi novel that’s been in my head for about the last 10 years.
I’m a pretty “green” person, trying to do my part in reducing my carbon footprint as many ways as I can. I’m proud to drive my Biodiesel Suburban!"
 
I just love how educated and how she is doing her part to be "Green."  She sounds like a woman I could be real life friends with. 
 
Now how about some amazing yarn!!
 

 
 She has sent two of her fingering weight yarns in some stunning colors!  The 'Hot Pink' is her 80/20 blend and the two-tone 'Pink & Green' is 100% Merino.  You can not go wrong with either base.  You just have to choose if you want the nylon in your blend or not.  Really I think it depends on what you are intending to knit it with.
 
The very first thing that I noticed was how saturated her color was, she really takes the time to let the dye work into the yarns.  Next you can't help but just keep touching the yarn in your hand and notice how amazingly soft they are.  Finally when you actually start to knit with the yarn, the amount of twist to her yarn lends its self to a fantastic stitch definition. 
 
 

 
 
On top of having some amazing yarns in a variety of colorways that by the way have names  that are in Hungarian, that's a little tribute to her heritage; she also hand makes the most adorable stitch markers.  These are so fitting seeing how they have a Gecko charm.
 
 
 Gecko Yarns receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again for all your brilliantly colored Yarn!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
One of you lucky 'Readers' will be winning the featured skein of Hot Pink yarn & a set of Gecko Stitch markers!!!!!
 
 
 

 
 In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what your favorite colorway of Gecko Yarns is.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on August 11th.
 
Gecko Yarns can also be found on Facebook & Ravelry



7 comments:

{ mommyo5 } at: August 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM said...

Ooooooohhh! PUMPKIN!!!!! I must be ready for Fall, the Autumn colors just called to me. Desert Wisp and Butterscotch caught my attention too. But the Pumpkin is my favorite.

{ Hind DP } at: August 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM said...

My favorite is Icicles...guess I'm thinking of winter already.

{ Kate Price } at: August 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM said...

I love the hot pink, and what a fun name! I also love twizzle

{ JKH51 } at: August 5, 2014 at 1:13 AM said...

My favorite is Laguna!

JKnits51 on Ravelry

{ Sheila } at: August 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM said...

I really love the Laguna colorway.

{ Kim D } at: August 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM said...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/165920062/hand-painted-tweed-sock-yarn-pumpkin?ref=shop_home_active_21 pumpkin spice!!!! Please feel free anyone to buy this for me :)

{ Betsy } at: August 5, 2014 at 8:52 PM said...

I really the sage colored sport weight yarn.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews