Keblinger

Keblinger

CSDye

| Monday, August 25, 2014
 
REVIEW 2 OF 2

 
Happy Monday Readers!  I am so pumped about todays yarn review for a multitude of reasons that I will be sharing with you in this review...so lets get started.
 
 
Please let me introduce you to Amanda, the creator and designer behind CSDye.
 
 
"I work full time as a Crime Scene Investigator. Since Twin Peaks aired, I have been fascinated by puzzles, "whodunits", crime and justice. I went to university for Forensic Anthropology and my career as a CSI has afforded me many amazing opportunities, including training at the world renowned Body Farm in Knoxville, Tennessee. I am passionate about forensic science, mysteries, thrillers and all things that go bump in the night. Being a CSI is definitely a trying career and over the years, knitting has become my relief from the stress. More recently, I began dyeing wool. Daily, I am inspired by the colors I see in my career and the investigative shows and movies I watch. There is so much beauty to be found in nature, science and forensics and I cannot wait to share the works of CSDye with you!"
 
~Amanda~
 
 
I am in love with her entire theme for her yarns and dying.  Personal touches that go way beyond the normal.  The yarns that will be featured in this review comes from her CLUE Collection.  How many of us grew up playing that classic game; murder, mystery and the "who done it" at the end. 
 
She currently has released;
Miss Scarlet
Mr. Green
Wadsworth
Colonel Mustard
and her newest launch... Professor Plum
 
Today I am going to show you Wadsworth & Colonel Mustard in two different bases.
 
 
So right away I am sure you can see the Crime Scene theme!!!  How creative and unique, she has sealed her bags with crime scene tape, so authentic.  One of the personal touches I just love.
 

Suspect Sock

Fingering / 4 ply
438 yards/100 grams
US 0 - 3 or 2 - 3.25mm
100% Merino
 

 
Suspect is the line of 100% superwash merino yarn offered by CSDye. Soft and springy, Suspect Sock is a strong, round 4 ply yarn perfect for shawls and socks. No need for nylon with this base! Treat your feet to easy care, 100% superwash merino wool for extra warmth and softness.
 
I love the deep dark saturation of the Wadsworth colorway. Such rich coal color makes me think that I could use this for endless project ideas.  I am a huge fan of everyone having a dark gray color in the stash for just such an occasion, 'ok really a few skeins of it!'
 
Spectacular twist to the yarn and I can just picture the stitch definition with it.
 

Alibi Sock

Fingering / 4 ply
400 yards/ 100 grams
US 0 - 3 or 2 - 3.25mm
80% Merino/20% Nylon
 

 
 
Alibi is the line of 80% superwash merino/20% nylon sock yarn offered by CSDye. Plump and strong just like its cousin Witness, Alibi Sock is a 2 ply twist that is a perfect choice for your next pair of socks!
 
What a great pair of cabled or textured socks this skein would make!  Cookie A pattern anyone??
Stunning resemblance to the color (Colonel Mustard) I remember when playing clue as a kid, I just love it.
 
A few of the unique and extra touches besides the ones that I already mentioned are these.
She includes a single Skull stitch marker that is Swarovski crystal in with you yarn, how generous and theme fitting is that. 
 
 
 
You can also purchase a set of Stitchmarkers to go along with your project if you want an entire set.
 
 
 Finally, her tags are classic!  They resemble toe tags that would be used in a crime scene.
 
 
 
 
 CSDye  receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Amanda for all your Stunning and Creative yarns!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
One of you lucky 'Readers' will win a skein of Colonel Mustard!!!!!
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what  colorway and yarn base you would buy from CSDye 
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on September 1st.
 
 CSDye can be found on Ravelry as well, take a look at the Group and get the latest shop information
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

Anonymous at: August 25, 2014 at 9:50 AM said...

I remember playing Clue with my kids.
I love the Col. Mustard!! I would make gloves with a cable and lace scarf to match.

Teresa knitts

{ JKH51 } at: August 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM said...

I like Malachite in the Secret Sock Base.

JKnits51 on Ravelry

{ Krista Hyde } at: August 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM said...

OMG, that yellow is *perfect*! I love mustard for fall. If I were buying from CSDye today, I'd get Colonel Mustard in Suspect Worsted. It's perfect for a beautiful golden hat!

I'm KristaHyde on Rav :)

{ Teresa Drysdale } at: August 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM said...

I love Amanda's yarn top of my list as next to buy is Mrs. Peacock in suspect or motive sock. Or Rustin Cohle. Or Ms Scarlet. Or LCV. Or Wrapped in Plastic. Or Voice of Love. In either suspect or motive.

Dragonlady101 on Rav

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: August 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM said...

I love them all but would choose Mr Green and what great original ideas !!

{ HereKitty_2 } at: August 26, 2014 at 1:21 AM said...

I would buy miss Scarlett in motive sock

{ Linda } at: August 26, 2014 at 6:35 AM said...

I love the Mr Green colorway in the Alibi Sock base.
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ Claudie } at: August 26, 2014 at 7:13 AM said...

Malachite is such a gorgeous colorway, but the Clue referenced ones are awesome too!

{ Hind DP } at: August 26, 2014 at 7:45 AM said...

I don't think I ever played Clue, but I do love mysteries! My favorite colorway is Malachite in Suspect Sock.

mamamustknit on Ravelry

{ pok } at: August 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM said...

I would get Mrs Peacock in Suspect Worsted and make a Herringbone Hat I have in my queue.

{ Kate Price } at: August 26, 2014 at 6:57 PM said...

I really like Miss Scarlett, and am tempted by the Alibi Sock base.

{ Kate (Hunter) Prater } at: August 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM said...

I am a fan of the LCV

{ Linda Lee } at: August 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM said...

I love suspect, and colonel mustard!!!!! Amanda is amazing and the crime scene tape is such a great idea!

{ Betsy } at: August 28, 2014 at 10:29 AM said...

Mr green in the witness sock is my favorite.

Anonymous at: August 28, 2014 at 2:24 PM said...

I like witness sock base in the professor plum colorway.

{ Sheila } at: August 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM said...

I'd go for the Dark Malachite on her Motive MCN base.

{ Melissa Murphy } at: August 29, 2014 at 7:13 AM said...

I adore her yarns. My next purchase has to be Professor Plum on the Witness Base. He would look smashingly perfect paired with Colonel Mustard.

{ Kim D } at: August 29, 2014 at 3:46 PM said...

Ok I love a good 80/20 base and I actually love the mustard color! I would so make me the owl sock from this because it has been hanging in my queue waiting for a color like this!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews