Keblinger

Keblinger

Sinkmates (A pattern with a purpose)

| Sunday, July 20, 2014
http://lorileebeltman.com/
 
 
REVIEW 2 OF 2
 
I was so honored when I was given permission to review one of Lorilee Beltman's patterns.  She is a fantastic knit designer and has come out with a newer pattern that has a fantastic purpose.  This is Lorilee, had to include her picture, her smile just makes you want to be her friend.

 
Sinkmates was a pattern that she has created to help raise awareness and to raise funds to donate for the Special Olympics.  It is my understanding that at one point her brother had participated in the Special Olympics and had enjoyed his time with the organization very much.
 
 

 
   She describes her wash cloth pattern as follows;
 'Enjoy a clean, simple design with some nice details. Fun to knit, and great to have on hand for gifts. Make a pile. Consider gifting patterns to your knitting friends. Feel free to share links to this pattern.'
 
Lorilee had made the pattern as a $2.00 US Ravelry Downloadable pattern.  A great price for such a fun new twist on a wash cloth pattern!   All $2 of the purchase price (minus small Paypal fees) goes to Special Olympics.
 



 
 
The pattern was a fun knit, it took me about 45 min to knit up.  By using any of your favorite cotton, you will have the ability to create some new washcloths for yourself or for a gift.  I especially loved using some' laying around' small amounts of cotton to use as a color contrast for the I-cord edging.  Great design feature and functional as well, perfect for hanging on a hook or over the faucet sink. 
 
It makes my heart sing to have looked on Lorilee's blog page and found her latest posting:
(Her blog can be found by clicking on the heading photo)
 
Update July 19: 1,500 total pattern sales, plus a class taught with proceeds going to S.O. Another $500 sent from patterns, and $300 from class. ($2,800 total.)
 
We all know the generosity of knitters and how much good we can do to help support others for a better cause.  "My Wonderful Readers"  I am asking that you consider making the $2.00 donation and purchasing this pattern, or gifting it to a friend.  As well as; those of you lovely's who have podcasts, please share this great cause with other knitters and lets do our part to help Lorilee with her end of the year final donation count!!
 
 
Sinkmates receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again for a great pattern and cause!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
One of you lucky 'Readers' will be winning a copy of this pattern !!!!!
 
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Please tell at least one friend about this great pattern and then let us know who you shared with. 
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on July 28th.
 


7 comments:

{ Kim D } at: July 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM said...

Sharing with Debra and the rest of my knit group!

{ Debra H. } at: July 20, 2014 at 7:33 PM said...

Sharing with my friend Debbi!

{ Linda Brianne } at: July 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM said...

I have been meaning to purchase this pattern! I'm going to share it with Brianne. If I win the pattern I will share it with one of our listeners of Knitworthy Podcast.

Mama Linda
Stoneybrooke

{ Kathy Wallace } at: July 21, 2014 at 6:27 AM said...

This pattern is already in my favorites list, and I also told my girlfriend Angie about it - we are addicted to making dishcloths. They are a fast knit, and always make fabulous, quick gifts. And I love this one with the attached loop!

Anonymous at: July 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM said...

How timely! I'm having lunch with my friend Chris Wednesday and she wants to learn how to knit. This would be the perfect pattern.
hotknitter on rav

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: July 22, 2014 at 5:37 AM said...

My daughter I will be telling as she could just managed this pattern.

{ Mary Buchan } at: July 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM said...

I bought the pattern already. Simple to knit but great looking - can't wait to knit.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews