Keblinger

Keblinger

Manos Del Uruguay

| Sunday, July 27, 2014
 
 
REVIEW 1 OF 2
 
 
I am so pleased to be sharing with you all today a new favorite Lace Weight yarn.  Manos Lace to be exact.  Its being dyed up in solids and variegated skeins.  Now for those of you who have never purchased from Manos Del Uruguay, you have to take a little time to read about the fantastic genius behind this yarn company and how it helps women all over the world.  Take a look.
 
 
 
"With each purchased skein of Manos del Uruguay yarn you will be helping a woman to support her family. Each skein is signed, so you will know who made your yarn, and from which village it came. You will be supporting the hand-crafted rather than mass-produced, and contributing to an economy where the workers control of the means of production. You, as a handknitter, crocheter or weaver, will be contributing to women’s careers in harmony with family life, and contributing to the landscape, and cultural heritage of Uruguay."
 
~Manos Del Uruguay~
 
How about this stunning lace!
 
Lace / 2 ply
438 yards / 50 grams
US 2 - 2.75 mm
70% baby alpaca, 25% silk, 5% cashmere
 
This yarn has a wonderful halo from the alpaca and a softness that is hard to find.  All this with the strength of silk makes for a really hard working lace weight yarn but gives the feel of elegance and the look of royalty.  You will love the feel of the yarn as you knit with it and will love it even more once it is knit into a shawl or some other such lacy item.  The lovely shades they are dying up are fantastic for any season and will show off our hand knits in a way that you can only imagine. 
 
 
 Manos Del Uruguay receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again for all your wonderful Lace Yarn!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
One of you lucky 'Readers' will be winning the featured skein of Lace!!!!!
 
 
 In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what you would like to knit with this skein of lace.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on August 4th.
 

13 comments:

{ Claudie } at: July 27, 2014 at 9:13 PM said...

I've really been wanting to make the Swallowtail shawl for a while now so I think that's what I'd go with.

{ rinebird } at: July 28, 2014 at 12:29 AM said...

I would like to make the Lola Shawl by Carrie (knitbot).

{ Kate (Hunter) Prater } at: July 28, 2014 at 5:52 AM said...

My aunt's wedding shawl.

Anonymous at: July 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM said...

I would like to knit the Golden Ordhids shawl.
hotknitter on rav

{ Debby } at: July 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM said...

I would knit a scarf for my daughter

{ gail } at: July 28, 2014 at 1:11 PM said...

I think I would make a lacy scarf with this as I like large shawls and would need more than 1 skein for a shawl. A delicate lace scarf like the Stream Bed Lace Shoulder Stole would be lovely knit with this though.
(Cottontail on rav)

{ Maranda H. } at: July 28, 2014 at 1:24 PM said...

This yarn is so nice and delicate that I think it would take awhile to find just the right project for it. But it would make a nice scarf or cowl.

{ Renee Bebla } at: July 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM said...

I would like to do the Spinel Shawl. This yarn is so elegant and would love to work with this yarn.

{ Porsha W } at: July 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM said...

I would make my very first shawl with this skein! :-)

{ JKH51 } at: July 28, 2014 at 9:16 PM said...

I think a shawl knit in this yarn would be beautiful!

JKnits51 on Ravelry

{ Mary Buchan } at: July 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM said...

I would make a shawl by Boo Knits - always love her patterns. The yarn is beautiful! knittingmaryb on rav

{ Sheila } at: July 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM said...

I would make a lovely wispy lace cowl.

{ Hind DP } at: July 30, 2014 at 1:29 PM said...

This would be lovely as a scarf or cowl.

mamamustknit on Rav

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews