Keblinger

Keblinger

Unplanned Peacock Studo

| Sunday, May 25, 2014

 
 
 
Review 2 of 2
 
 
I had the opportunity just last weekend to attend my local Fiber festival.   It was so great to see several faces that I have seen in years past and some new ones that I finally got to put faces to names.
 
 
https://kentuckysheepandfiber.com/
 
 
I have been talking to Natasha of the Unplanned Peacock Studio through Ravelry for some time now and I had the wonderful privilege of meeting her and her husband in person.  Talk about a knowledgeable, warm and friendly person to interact with.  She had some of the most unique skeins of yarn I had ever seen.  Color combinations that your might look at in swatches and think hummm....but when she put her dying skills to the test, they were stunning in person.
 
The yarn that she is sharing with us for a review today is one of her newest yarn lines and she is very excited about it.  You will quickly see why for yourself.
 
 

Whisper Fingering

 
Fingering / 4 ply
437 yards/100 grams
70% alpaca 20% silk 10% cashmere
 


Just holding a skein in my hands is unbelievable!  When you have any of the three fiber listed in this yarn (Alpaca, Silk, Cashmere) on its own, its amazingly soft.  So just for a moment consider how wonderful all three of them together is.  I will tell you it is unlike any yarn I have ever felt.
 
Like I said earlier, Natasha does a fantastic job of blending colors.  Her transitions from deep to medium hue of color are so well thought out.  That is what makes it that much harder to choose what color you want.  Some of her skeins take on the look of a real peacock feather with deep blues that turn into green and then a mix of both.  Absolutely stunning!!!
 
This is one of those skeins that if you are lucky enough to get your hands on will be a special and treasured knitted project for sure.
 
 
 
 You can find the Unplanned Peacock Studio Ravelry group Here
 
   
Unplanned Peacock Studio receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Natasha for your amazing Yarn!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For One of you lucky readers: You will win a skein of the featured yarn!
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what yarn from Unplanned Peacock Studio you would like to add to your stash
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on June 2nd
 
 
 
 
 
 


13 comments:

{ Sheila } at: May 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM said...

Alpaca, silk and cashmere sounds like an amazing combination! I would love to try the Whisper yarn in the Bluegrass colorway. Thought Diva sock, the traditional MCN sock base, tempts me too.

{ Kim D } at: May 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM said...

I am a sock yarn lover!! Her yarns are so pretty! (oh the link in the text did not work for me so I google her blog) but I love many of her colors esp the blue you reviewed and sea glass.... who doesn't love sea glass :)

{ Hind DP } at: May 25, 2014 at 1:13 PM said...

I'd love to try Whisper, it sounds heavenly!
mamamustknit on Ravelry

{ Claudie } at: May 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM said...

Everything's so pretty. I really like the Hummingbird colorway in her Peacock Sock base though!

{ Rhonni } at: May 25, 2014 at 7:38 PM said...

I only just got this feed today. Hope I haven't missed my chance. I love the shades of blue &wanted green.

{ Kate Price } at: May 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM said...

I would love to try some of the silk fingering - what a luxurious skein!

{ Amanda O'Connor } at: May 26, 2014 at 5:02 AM said...

I would love to win any of them especially whisper yarn in any autumn colours

{ Small and Moody } at: May 26, 2014 at 8:36 AM said...

All of her colors are lovely in Whisper but I am partial to blues. This yarn looks like it would feel wonderfully soft!

{ wooliegirl } at: May 26, 2014 at 9:35 AM said...

I love Unplanned Peacocks fibers, they are a joy to spin! I would like to try the Twinkle Twist in the Cardinal. I need more reds in my life.

Anonymous at: May 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM said...

I think it would be fun to try Shimmer.
hotknitter on rav

{ Betsy } at: May 26, 2014 at 8:12 PM said...

I'd like to try the shimmer or twinkle bases.

{ stephigordon } at: May 28, 2014 at 6:30 AM said...

Wow! I love fingering weight yarn - love the Whisper in Robin's Egg, yet I also love the shimmer or twinkle bases, too - I haven't used a sparkly yarn yet. Thank you! Stephanie (indigodogmontana on Rav)

{ mp } at: May 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM said...

Love all the colors! I'd have to go with a blue like Robin's egg

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews