Keblinger

Keblinger

Dovetail

| Monday, May 19, 2014
 
 
Happy Monday Readers!!!
 
I hope that most of you recognize this wonderful lady right away. It is none other then the well known pattern designer herself, Judy Marples!!  Can you believe it... I actually get to feature one of her newest patterns here on my blog.  I am tickled....what color... Hot Pink!
 
"My mother taught me to knit as a child and I have been knitting ever since. I began designing in 2010 and was immediately drawn into a passion for creating my own knitwear designs. I absolutely love the design process and the challenge of creating something from nothing with my hands.
My favorite thing to design is lace. I love the logic of lace, the math involved and playing with graph paper and pencil. I love all the little details that come together to form lace and I always try to create patterns that are intuitive for the knitter."
~Judy~
 
 
 
Judy has just launched the birth of her newest shawl pattern
 

Dovetail

I am going to quote her on the description she gives about this shawl, I tried to summarize but in the end, Judy just made the description of her shawl sing on the page.
"Dovetail Shawl is cast on at one wing tip with a few stitches, and then simply knit into a widening triangle for a slightly asymmetrical shape.  The color work is made easy by the simple slip stitch pattern and the use of two different colorways of self striping yarn.  The pattern is quick to memorize and the shifting colors keep the work interesting.  The size is easily adjustable to the yardage available, allowing you to knit a scarf, a shawl, or any size desired.
This sample is knit using Kauni 8/2 Effektgarn in the colorways EQ and ET.  The version shown here: Blocked measurements 60″ across by 27″ deep. I used approximately 75 grams of each colorway or approximately 300m/328yd of each colorway for the size shown."
~Judy~
 
 




 
I have already begun knitting my Dovetail using two different but coordinating shades of Kauni and am loving the look of the shawl.  Judy has a talent for making what looks like a tremendously hard shawl project easy to enjoy and follow along with.  Now by the look of the shawl you would think that this is a stranded knitting pattern, but its not.  You actually only ever use one yarn at a time and through a series of slip stitches you achieve the look of mastering stranded knitting.
 
The shape of the shawl seems simple but it really lends its self to so many wrapping options.  Worn as a traditional shawl; over the side of one shoulder, around the front like a scarf and so many other styles.
 
This would be a perfect project for anyone who wants to try alternating with two different colors but still having the comfort of a simple pattern.  Judy provides written and charted directions and even goes as far as to show you the proper way to block your final project for the best look.
 
This will be my FALL SHAWL for 2014~ I am so looking forward to sharing my finished project with you all soon.  No matter if you cast this shawl on or any of Judy's stunning patterns please know that I would highly recommend All her patterns. 
 
  
Dovetail by: Judy Marples
receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Judy for your amazing Pattern!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For Three of you lucky readers: You will win a copy of the Dovetail pattern!
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what yarn you would use for your Dovetail Shawl &
What other Pattern's of Judy's have you knit.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on May 26th
 
Tale a look at her Ravelry group - Purl Bumps Pattern Group
 
 



4 comments:

{ Creativity! } at: May 19, 2014 at 5:34 PM said...

LOVE!! What a great Fall shawl! I'm thinking some Noro would be wonderful! I also plan on casting on Elowen in the near future.... its been on my Revelry wish list for a while now!

{ Betsy } at: May 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM said...

Beautiful. I think knitpicks Chroma yarn would be nice. I don't think I've ever knit one of her patterns before.

{ Linda } at: May 22, 2014 at 3:05 PM said...

Lovely pattern!

{ JKH51 } at: May 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM said...

I think Noro would be a beautiful yarn for this shawl. I have never knit one of her patterns but plan to soon!

JKnits51 on Ravelry

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews