Keblinger

Keblinger

Ash Kearns Handknitting

| Monday, May 12, 2014
 
 
 

Ash Kearns Handknitting

 
 
'I have been artistic all my life, but no medium has obsessed me more than knitting. I live with my needles in hand! After leaving a career in social work, I decided to make fiber art central in my life. I got started in the fiber craft industry managing Mary Maxim Boutique in Toronto and as a Designer’s Assistant for Americo Original. In May 2012, I moved to Guelph, Ontario to further pursue an artistic life. As a newer indie designer, I am building my brand, Ash Kearns Handknitting and publishing regularly. I currently display my designs and teach regularly in Guelph at All Strung Out Fine Yarns.'
~Ash~
 
I am in love with the pattern that I have the privilege fo share with you, My Readers, on this Monday.
As you can see the bio on our featured designer, Ash has a long history with being an artist.  She has over 46 of her own original patterns for sale.  Everything to fit head to toe, and all the others that are in between.  All of the patterns that she has out are a true representation of her skill and her level of quality in writing knitting patterns.
 
The pattern that she has featured for the blog for a review today is called;
 

Vanora

 



 
From the start, I loved the look and the convertibility of this cowl.  Having the style of a true cowl yet concealing the genius of using it as a head covering.  How nice would this be for those of you who are in a climate of snow.  To have a beautiful cowl and yet be able to pull it up over your head while walking to and from outside in the blowing wind and snow.  The look is functional and stylish all in one.
 
Ash has designed the pattern in a way that I think any knitter can enjoy.  Everything is clearly spelled out in her pattern and the lace portion is easy to follow.  One of the other unique features of this piece is that it measures larger at the neck and decreases toward the top to give a more natural fit, just like our natural measurements. 
 
I was immediately drawn to this pattern because of her use of quality pictures.  We all know that we are drawn to a pattern more so if it has good detailed photos.  You can easily see how the cowl would look in person and you get the closeness of the lace detail as well.
 
I am currently knitting my cowl out of Road to China Light
in the hope that I get a very warm and light drape to my finished product.

I am confident that you could choose ANY of Ash Kearns patterns and be more than pleased with them.
 
 
Ash Kearns Handknitting
receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Ash for your amazing Pattern!!!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For Two of you lucky readers: You will win a copy of the Vanora pattern!
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what yarn you would use for your Vanora &
What other Pattern of Ash's you would like to knit.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on May 19th
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Make sure you check out Ash Kearns Handknitting on Facebook
 
As a gift to all My Readers, The Vanora Cowl is 25% off through the end of the month!!!

 

 
 

6 comments:

{ Lynne } at: May 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM said...

I'd use some Abstract Fiber Alto that is in my stash and would love to knit the Ospringe Cabled Wrap.

{ JKH51 } at: May 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM said...

I would use some Madelinetosh-Tosh Merino Light for the Vanora. I would also like to knit the Ospringe Cabled Wrap.

{ Amy Gray } at: May 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{ Amy Gray } at: May 15, 2014 at 6:56 AM said...

I have some alpaca that I bought at my local farmers market this past Saturday! I would like to knit my daughter the Traveling Cable Set: Hat and Scarf.

{ Betsy } at: May 16, 2014 at 9:52 PM said...

I think handspun would be nice. I also like the Clincher pattern.

{ Creativity! } at: May 18, 2014 at 8:07 PM said...

I would use my stashed Bijou Basin Bijou Spun to knit up Vanora...I would also just love to knot the Ospringe Cable Wrap!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews