Keblinger

Keblinger

Siidegarte 'Silky Swiss Gorgeousness'

| Monday, April 14, 2014

 
What a weekend it has been, I trust you all are ready for the week ahead and are ready for another great yarn review.
 
Readers, I am pleased to share with you Siidegarte 'Silky Swis Gorgeousness'.  If you did not already pick up on the language, its Swiss!!!  Switzerland, not only for good chocolate but great yarn!
 
 
Please take a moment to get to know our team of amazing dyers.  The story was to good to paraphrase, so I hope you all love reading the history of these women and the picture of the landscape they paint for you as you read a bit about them.
 
 
Now for the beauty of yarn!  I will be featuring two blends that they currently have for sale.  Although you really should check out all the yarns that they offer.
 

Siide-Fideel

  Fingering / 4 ply
525 yards /120 grams
 US 0 - 2½ or 2 - 3mm
50% Silk/50% Merino
 
 
 

 Siide-Quirlig

Fingering / 4 ply
480 yards /110 grams
 US 0 - 2½ or 2 - 3mm
70% Silk/30% SeaCell
 
 
 
The strength of silk in anything is amazing, not to mention what it can do in yarn. It takes on such a shine and slickness to the fiber all while creating a great looking stitch definition.  I would highly recommend any of these yarns for any project.  I dare you to find a pattern that this will not be perfect for. 
As for the dying, the shades and hues remind me of natural egg dying.  Soft colors that have a delicate color saturation and yet still have hints of tonal dying.  I love the attention to color they use.  I especially love purchasing yarn that I know would work for multiple patterns.  Although that usually lends me to buying more yarn...Oh Darn!!!
 
 
    Siidegarte 'Silky Swiss Gorgeousness' receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again for your amazing Silk!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For ONE of you lucky readers: You will win a skein of Siide-Quirling
 
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog or a Ravelry Group Member
 
2. Tell me what base and color Siidegarte offers that you would like to try.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on April 21st
 
 

 

10 comments:

{ Kate Price } at: April 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM said...

I would love to try the Siide-Quirlig base in the Sillebascht colour

Kirsty at: April 14, 2014 at 7:55 PM said...

I love the Siide-Fidel in the Silberdistel colourway! It is all so pretty!

{ Claudie } at: April 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM said...

I really like the Gaarbechrut colorway in the Siide-Quirlig base. All of the yarn is gorgeous though!

{ Carolyn Ross } at: April 15, 2014 at 7:59 AM said...

I like the Siide-Fideel in Silberdistle; I like that there is so much yardage in the skeins - enough for a light shawl.

{ Betsy } at: April 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM said...

I like the Siide-Fideel in the green Lindebluescht.

{ Hind DP } at: April 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM said...

I'd like to try the Siide-Buschper in the Maschple colorway. The idea of silk and linen sounds so luxurious, and that green is irresistible.

{ Sheila } at: April 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM said...

I would love to make a summer top out of the Siide-Buschper in the Maschple colorway.

{ Kim D } at: April 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM said...

i love them all but i think because its spring I will go with the Baletatsch plantago :)

{ Lori } at: April 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM said...

Siide-buschper in Stäinäggeli. Although there is a dress I want to make that I'm debating Siide-Quirlig.

{ JKH51 } at: April 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM said...

I love the Siide-Quirlig 70% Silk / 30% Seacell "Fingering" -weight in the color Glucksklee.

JKnits51 on Ravelry

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews