Keblinger

Keblinger

Sapphires-n-Purls

| Monday, February 24, 2014

 
 
Happy Monday Readers!  I trust you are all ready to start the week of right with a fantastic review.  I am so pleased to share with you all the featured yarn from Sapphires-n-Purls
 
A bit about our featured designer;
 
"I love to dye almost as much as I love to knit! You can find my store here: http://sapphiresnpurls.storenvy.com/
 
I enjoy visiting yarn shops wherever my travels take me, and I love yarn! No matter where I go, I search out yarn shops, large and small. My stash contains enough yarn to open my own store. Someday, I plan to use it all up. Maybe :) I have a real problem finishing projects, because I get bored quickly and often am distracted by new yarns and things I want to try. I tend to stick to small projects to help me stay on track and finish them.
 
I love natural fiber yarns for the most part, and almost never use yarn with acrylic, etc. I am a self confessed yarn snob, but at times can be lured into loving a synthetic yarn or two. I love looking at knitting books and magazines, and have amassed a rather large collection of both over the years. I have so many knitting notions, I am always surprised at what I find when I go in search of something. I like to ‘shop’ in my own stash of knitting paraphernalia. I am obsessed with anything relating to knitting. I always give a good look at clothing in the store that is knit, particularly cables! I have been known to be caught staring at a sweater on the person in front of me in the check out line."

~Sapphires-n-Purls~
 
 
 

Superwash Merino Sock DK 

DK / 8 ply (11 wpi)
 230 yards / 100 grams
US 5 - 7 or 3.75 - 4.5mm
100% Merino


 
A deliciously soft and springy sock yarn that is perfect for socks, shawls, scarves or any project you like!
 

This has got to be one of the softest DK sock yarn I have seen in a while.  The plies are twisted in such a way that the fiber has a great deal of squish and give to it.  I am really thinking this is my new DK Go-To sock yarn!  She does such a great job with her colors as well.  These are hand painted so they are going to have slight variation with each skein, that makes them all the more fun when you knit them.  If you did not make socks with this yarn, you could sure get away with any pattern that is next to the skin.  When I hold it I just want to keep squishing the skein, I love how it springs back to life.  I just love her color way names, you should really check them all out!!
 
 
 Sapphires-n-Purls  receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again for your amazing DK yarn!
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For One of you lucky readers, you will win a the featured skein of "Chocolate Covered strawberries"


In order to enter the Give Away you must


As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
 
2. Tell me what is your favorite colorway of Sapphires-n-Purls is
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on March 3rd
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

{ Greg } at: February 24, 2014 at 9:22 AM said...

These are definitely some beautiful yarns. I spent some time over at the Sapphires-n-Purls site and think that Blue Yonder is my favorite colorway.

-greg, KnittingDaddy on Ravelry

Susanne at: February 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM said...

I agree!! Her yarns are amazing!! I love Tropical Punch but my absolute fave is Speckled

Claudie at: February 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM said...

Oooh, I'd have to say my favorite colorway is Sea Witch.

{ krisluvswool } at: February 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM said...

Great colors and a wide variety of bases! Very nice. I have to say that I think I love the Chocolate Covered Strawberries the best!

{ Linda } at: February 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM said...

My favorite is the Glimmer Fingering in the Pixie Dust colorway. Thank you for the chance to win!
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ Hind DP } at: February 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM said...

I love her store, she has some great colors and yarn bases. My favorite color is Raindrops on Roses.
mamamustknit on Rav

{ JKH51 } at: February 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM said...

I like Cherry Blossoms in the Superwash Merino Sock Fingering.

JKnits51 on Ravelry

{ Lori } at: February 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM said...

All of them are beautiful, but I really liked Tropical Waves.

Lasknits on Ravelry

{ Lara Bouse } at: February 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM said...

I love the yarn! My daughter and I both love the Mermaid Tail! ;-)

{ Kim } at: February 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM said...

My goodness it is so hard to pick one coloring as a favorite as all her colors are outstanding. That being said, I suppose if I have to choose, it would be the Plumeria. The colors are so soft!

{ GrammyGSG4 } at: February 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM said...

Your yarns are so yummy it's hard to decide my favorite. I'm working with Valentine Candies right now and It actually reminds me of an Easter Egg!! For a favorite - I like Plumeria.

{ Jen } at: February 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM said...

I follow on Bloglovin. :)
I love Misty Lake.

heyjenray on ravelry

{ Jeannie Fagerstrom } at: February 26, 2014 at 8:49 AM said...

Usually I love the colors -the more the better, but I Love the Blue Moon colorway and the Silver pearl grey. Thanks, and good luck everyone. Keep knitting. :0)
JeannieF on Ravelry
jeannieflymom@yahoo.com

{ mp } at: February 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM said...

Love the slate colorway!

{ katie } at: February 27, 2014 at 4:58 AM said...

love all your greens. i could not pick out just one because i am bedazzled bu all of them. emerald green, shaded green just green. think i like green

elyse at: February 27, 2014 at 5:11 AM said...

I LOVE the Raindrops on Roses. It is such a beautiful soft color and makes you want to just roll in it. I am a knitaholic and knit for a shop making baby sweaters. JUST LOVE YOUR YARNS!!!!!!!!!!

{ Traci Marcotte } at: February 27, 2014 at 10:53 AM said...

Okay, very new to me. Thank you to Facebook for my finding Sapphire and Pearls, and thank you to you for having this contest. So many great colors! I have to say Neon Butterfly is probably favorite, with Kaleidoscope coming in a close second.

{ Betsy } at: March 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM said...

My favorite is the Gerbera Daisies colorway.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews