Keblinger

Keblinger

House of Ewes

| Monday, January 27, 2014
 
Hello Readers!  I am hoping that you are all staying warm these days with this crazy cold front.  Any how...I am glad that you stopped by the blog today.  Our review is of House of Ewes and Jamie is the fantastic dyer behind this yarn line.
 
 
"I’m just your basic, everyday, Domestic Goddess :)
Happily married to my high school sweetheart and raising teenagers.
When I’m not donning my super suit I sport my artists garb. Sometimes this involves a mask and gloves, or perhaps becoming one with my favorite chair and yarn. Sometimes you’d find me in thimbles and thread scraps or even covered in wire scraps and epoxied beads.
But always, the artists garb includes my crazy pants, because I am truly crazy about creating!
Each item I make is a combination of careful thought and wild ambition; especially when it comes down to choosing my materials. I create with love and a passion for what I am doing and I try to let that come through in my products"
 

 
I am so pleased to share one of her yarn bases with you to day.  I even had a chance to capture some photos in the snow with her yarn!!!
 

 

CashBaa

 Fingering / 4 ply
435 yards / 100 grams
US 1 - 2 or 2.25 - 2.75mm
80% Merino / 10% Nylon  / 10% Cashmere
 
 
I have to point out how adorable her logo is with the sheep in a house, I just love it!!
 



 
I love the feel and squish factor to this yarn, it is a next-to-skin fiber for sure, especially with the Cashmere in it.  Honestly...unless I had looked at the fiber content on the tag, I would never in my wildest dreams thought this had an ounce of nylon in it, it is truly that soft.  Seeing's as how it does have nylon, it really becomes a yarn for all project types.  Who does not love the feel and the thought of socks with Cashmere on your feet.  It is also a great 'One Skein' Project yarn as well. 
 
The hues that she has been able to capture show case several shades of 'Spring Green'.  It is so tonal in how they appear on the yarn base.  It makes me long for spring mornings with a cup of tea and knitting in hand while enjoying a morning out on my patio. 
 
The yardage is quite generous and really allows you to get a good size project out of one skein, or if you happen to purchase two skeins of coordinating colors, this would make for a dynamite dual colored shawl, perfect for spring!


 
 House of Ewes  receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again Jamie for your inspiration through color!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



7 comments:

{ Rhonni } at: January 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM said...

Absolutely love that green, and just the wors cashmere makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

{ Kate Price } at: January 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM said...

That green is amazing!

{ Linda } at: January 28, 2014 at 8:10 AM said...

Beautiful color way!
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ Colette } at: January 29, 2014 at 9:41 AM said...

Love the yarn...nice to learn of her shop!

{ skinouye } at: January 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM said...

Green....ah, Green....very lovely!!!

Julie at: January 31, 2014 at 11:40 AM said...

Beautiful color! I imagine it is very soft and lovely!!!!
juliper on Ravelry

{ Betsy } at: January 31, 2014 at 2:45 PM said...

What a beautiful green Thanks for introducing this dyer to us.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews