Keblinger

Keblinger

Green Gables Knits

| Monday, January 20, 2014
 
 
Happy Monday My Readers!!  Thank you for joining me for yet another fantastic review.
 
This weeks review is a book review that I am especially excited about.  Quick jump back into time with me; I was a family of three girls, my youngest sister was a true read head who while playing in the woods behind our house with big straw hats and sheets tied around our wastes like long skirt, was always "Anne."  Anne of Green Gables that is, and my sisters and I played for hours on end pretending to be so many of the beloved characters from that book series.  I adored the books of Ann of Green Gables and later on the movies as well.  When I was made aware of Green Gables Knits, I had to take a closer look.
 
Joanna Johnson is the writer and designer of this book.  She is also the publisher of her own book through her company, Slate Falls Press.  Joanna pays such tribute to the Green Gables book series in her compilation of these timeless patterns.  Her creativity and eye for the time period in her patterns is timeless.  I am pleased to share with you some of her patterns.
 
 

 

Anne's Sweater

 
 

Matthew's Vest

 
 

Marilla's Apron

 
 
 I was so inspired by this last pattern, I actually cast on my own apron.  I am using mine as a gift for a Bridal shower gift.  The pattern is fantastically written, such ease in directions makes the pattern an enjoyable knit.  It turned out beautiful.  I was so pleased that I will be making a few of these apron's for future gifts.

 
 
 No matter what pattern you choose to knit, you will be so pleased at the outcome.  I have not found a book in quite some time that I have wanted to knit all the patterns.  This book needs to be in every knitters pattern library.  It is a work of art~


 Green Gables Knits  receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!
Thank you again to Joanna Johnson for your amazing designs!
 
 
 
Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”
 
~Stephanie~
 
 
  For One of you lucky readers, you will win your choice of this book in printed form or electronic form!!!!!!!
 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
 
2. Tell me what your favorite Green Gables Knits pattern is.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday January 27th
 
 


5 comments:

{ JKH51 } at: January 20, 2014 at 7:24 PM said...

I like Anne's Sweater but all of the designs are beautiful!

{ Rhonni } at: January 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM said...

That Marilla apron would be the perfect gift for my friend who can't get enough of Anne and her friends.

{ Linda } at: January 21, 2014 at 5:01 AM said...

My favorite pattern is Diana's hat. I'd love to win the eBook. Thanks for the chance.
Lmecoll on Ravelry

{ Knittingdancer on Ravelry } at: January 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM said...

I love the Diana;s hat pattern.

{ Mandy } at: January 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM said...

I must have this book. I loved the books when I was younger. I'm totally going to make Anne's sweater.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews