Keblinger

Keblinger

Molly Girl Yarns

| Monday, November 11, 2013
 
 
I began knitting when I was 15.​

My mother taught me that summer on secondhand yarn & needles. Took me awhile to make something that didn't look like Swiss cheese, but I stuck to it. About a year later, still knitting, a nice lady at a local craft shop taught me to crochet. I'd been trying to teach myself to no avail, and so she sat me down in the store and painstakingly showed me my mistakes. I was obsessed! I LOVED yarn! I would sit for hours and hours, be it at home, in a park, or on my free periods in the halls of my high school, I was "the girl who knits".
 
Everything here is about the fiber. It may sound a little dopey, but you really do have to let the yarn speak to you. If that yarn doesn't want to be an earflap hat, you'd better believe it won't become one. The fiber, color(s), and weight all play a huge part. The accessories I sell are made to last - something I promise is true. I'd never sell anything I wouldn't buy myself, so I try to ensure to the best of my ability the quality of the items I create.
 
~"Angela"~
 
Molly Girl yarns can be found here.
 
 
 
 
~Hymn For A Scarecrow~
 
 
 
 
 

Bass Line

 
Fingering / 4 ply
460 yards /100 grams
US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
75% Merino / 25% Nylon
 
I am in love with Molly Girl Yarn!  She has such a talent for seeing color and bringing it to life on her canvas, Fiber!!!!  I tried really hard to get some good pictures in all lights so that you all can see how many color changes are actually in this skein of yarn.  Everything from a tangerine orange color, sunflower yellow, to dusty baby pink.  Not to mention all the transition shaded in between. 
 
The feel of such a work horse yarn is amazingly soft to the touch.  I would say that not all sock yarns could also work for a cowl, shawl or a next to skin item.  However Angela has managed to do just that with the choice of yarn she dyes on.  Absolutely hands down, one of the better sock yarns that I have seen in a while. 
 
You all should really had a skein of Molly Girl yarns in your stash before the end of the Christmas season.  Who knows, maybe Santa will leave you a skein or two in your stocking. 
 
PS- Make sure you leave directions for Santa as to the web site to find Molly Girl Yarn...lol
 
 
 Thank you again to Molly Girl Yarns for such a fantastic review of her yarn!!
 

Molly Girl Yarns receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~
 
 For One of you lucky readers, you will win a $15.00 credit to the Molly Girl Shop !!!

In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2. Tell me what yarn of Molly Girl you would like if you win.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday November 18th 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Right now if you head over to our new shop, use discount code HOTPINKSOCKSFTW to get a special 15% discount on your first order! But don't wait too long  more codes, contests, and fun will be coming soon as we celebrate all month long!

7 comments:

{ Sheila } at: November 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM said...

I love the Birdhouse In Your Soul on the Bass Line sock yarn. Love the colors, plus that They Might Be Giants song has always been one of my favorites.

{ Hind DP } at: November 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM said...

Beautiful colors! My favorite is Absolutely Still in the Bass Line sock yarn

{ Betsy } at: November 12, 2013 at 10:23 AM said...

I like the Bass Line in the color Last Person. Great yardage.

{ Shayla } at: November 12, 2013 at 4:03 PM said...

Bass Line in Birdhouse In Your Soul colorway is really nice!

{ stephigordon } at: November 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM said...

MMMM Oh my, the person above me loves the same yarn! Bass Line, Birdhouse in Your Soul - amazing!!!! Thank you! Stephanie

{ Lori } at: November 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM said...

Last Person in Roadie is beautiful.

Rhonni at: November 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM said...

Roadie is lovely and the spinning fiber looks lush.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews