Keblinger

Keblinger

Decadently Divine

| Monday, November 4, 2013
 
 
Hello readers!  This week we have a Decadently Divine Yarn Treat.  I am really excited about this yarn.  Renee is the designer behind this wonderful yarn.

"Decadently Divine yarns was created, in 2009, as a natural progression from Goddess Knits handknitting patterns. The idea came about from a conversation, with another knitter, about a sock club that would feature darker colored yarns.
So with the creation of the Decadently Dark Sock Club, Decadently Divine was born (originally called Decadently Dark yarns). These yarns can now be purchased, on Etsy, and are also offered in yarn clubs available from the Goddess Knits website.
My intention, with Decadently Divine, is to provide fabulous, unique, affordable, top-quality hand-dyed yarns, for the knitter and crocheter alike, that can be used to create anything from a beautiful pair of socks, or mittens, to exquisite lace shawls."
~Renee~
 
Fall makes me really love knitting with colors that I do not normally knit with through the year.  Todays review yarns are just such colors for me.  A warm autumn orange and a fun lavender/pink.
 
 
Color~ Samhain
 
 

 
 
 
Color~ Jelly Bean
 
 
 

Bouncy Sock

  
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
 400 yards /100 grams
US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
100% superwash merino, tight twist
 
 
 I love the intentional speckling of color through out these yarns.  You really have to be good at your craft in order to create this dying effect.  The hues of color that play so well together in these yarns are not only complementary, but they really create the unique color combinations that are shown above. 

I am a huge fan of tight twist in my sock yarn.  Bouncy Sock is no exception.  The stitch definition that takes place with such high twist is to be desired.  It also helps the longevity of your socks when you have such a high twist.  It also helps that it is 100% super wash.  It would be a miss if I did not tell you how amazingly soft this yarn is, talk about a comfortable feel.

 This yarn was made for an amazing pair of cabled or heavy patterned socks!  I can see them now, better get my 'Knit On.'

 Thank you again to Decadently Divine for such a fantastic review of her yarn!!
 
 

Decadently Divine receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~
 
 For One of you lucky readers, you will win the featured skein of Samhain !!!

In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2. Tell me what base and color of  "Decadently Divine Yarns" you would like to try.
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday November 11th 
 
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

{ Heather } at: November 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM said...

I love river stone in the bouncy sock.

{ Sheila } at: November 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM said...

I love the Decadent Sport in the Antigua colorway.

{ inesn } at: November 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM said...

i love the Decadent Sock SW - Lughnasadh!!

Rhonni at: November 5, 2013 at 4:50 AM said...

So many lovely choices. Samhain, Mid-Summer & Spring are my easy favorites.

{ mp } at: November 5, 2013 at 6:46 AM said...

All lovely, really like the Decadent Sock in Winter !!!!!!!!!

{ annep } at: November 5, 2013 at 6:51 AM said...

Definitely the Bouncy Sock, and in color MidSummer :-)

{ lissa } at: November 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM said...

They are all pretty. I really like the Squash Blossom colorway in the Decadent sock base.

{ Kate Price } at: November 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM said...

I think my favourite is Moonlight Lace - Persian Rose

{ Small and Moody } at: November 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM said...

The Bouncy Sock in Jelly Bean is my favorite!!! I love the speckles!!!

{ Betsy } at: November 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM said...

The decadent sock in spring '02.

{ Mks } at: November 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM said...

I really like the Decadent Sock Plush in the Endive colorway. They are all nice. The colors in Samhain are beautiful.
Margie
Rav ID: smithmks

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews