Keblinger

Keblinger

Stray Cat Socks

| Monday, October 21, 2013
 
Welcome back all to all my readers and to the new readers, "welcome!"  I am so glad that you all continue to come back week after week to see what is new and what you must have.  This weeks review is no exception to the greatness of fun yarn. 
 
 
Tracy Filmer-Clark and her husband are the designers that run Stray Cat Socks.
 
Who does not love the idea of always having a pair of striped socks on the needles.  They are fantastic for portable knitting and can easily keep you entertained as you knit each color change, transitioning from strip to strip.  It is so fun to show others your hand knit striped socks and watch the reaction when they don't believe that you really made them!

" Absolutely crazy about dyeing and knitting yarn. I love trying out new colour combinations and then knitting them up - or seeing other people knitting with them.
My favourite time of day: The evening, watching a good mini series (usually BBC or Danish) with a birman cat on my lap and knitting my latest project. "
~Tracy~

Now that I have sparked your attention, let me show you some amazing stripes!!!





These amazingly dyed color combination yarns are not only eye catching but very sock worthy yarns.  The makings of these yarns are as follows:

Fingering / 4 ply
 437 yards/100 grams
 US 1 - 2 or 2.25 - 2.75mm
75% Wool & 25% Nylon
 
For me, this is the perfect combination ratio of wool to nylon.  This way you are not going to be walking holes in your socks any time soon.  And they will wash up really nicely. 
...Did I mention that I am in love with all her color combinations, I do not see how you could not pick up at least 4 new colors for socks!
 
 
 
As if this yarn could be any better, Tracy has created what I think is the perfect gift package!  Now that could include a gift titled; "From Me, To Me"  I have to admit that I do that kind of gifting way to often.  This would also make for a great swap gift for a friend in a club or just a Christmas gift for a knitter.  Take a look and see what I am talking about!
 
 

The perfect Sock Kit!!!

 

Like I was saying...this is the perfect sock kit!!  If you have not already jumped over to her website already, STOP...and do it now!!  Make sure that you snag the perfect color for your next pair of socks.
 
Thank you again to Tracy Filmer-Clark for such a fantastic review of her yarn!!
Time to stock up on some new and beautiful striped yarns.
 

Stray Cat Socks receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~
 
 For One of you lucky readers, you will win a complete sock kit !!!

In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2. Tell me what your favorite striped color way is of Stray Cat Socks & if you could make your own colored skein, what color stripes would you use
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday October 28th 
 
 
 



 

17 comments:

{ Heather } at: October 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM said...

I like the mulled wine colorway. I would love a neon green, orange and yellow colorway.

Ronni at: October 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM said...

Blue Moon is lovely but Holy Moly is very interesting. How to choose...

{ Lacey } at: October 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM said...

I love Blue Moon. That is one of my favorites.

{ Patti Barrett } at: October 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM said...

Monavale Rose is officially on my bday wishlist :D

{ Lori } at: October 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM said...

Love the Hopeful Heather. I could be tempted with a combination of sunny yellow, tangerine and a splash of electric blue.

{ Andi } at: October 22, 2013 at 7:16 AM said...

Stripey socks are my favorite thing...ever! :)
Lovely giveaway, thank you.
I am smitten with the Lolypop color in their shop.

{ lissa } at: October 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM said...

I really like the silver star colorway.

{ Hind DP } at: October 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM said...

I love all the colors, Hopeful Heather is my favorite.

Nancy at: October 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM said...

I love all the colors, but Monavale Rose and Blue Moon are my favorites. If I could make my own colorway I would chose a yellow, gray and white. The kits are such a great idea.

{ Heather Barras } at: October 23, 2013 at 3:39 AM said...

Wow!! Those are fabulous colorways!!! Of them, I like Blue Moon, Tiger Lily, Silver Star, Holy Moly, and Milly Molly Mandy. If I made my own colorway, I would pick silver, hot pink, and navy.

{ Small and Moody } at: October 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM said...

These sock kits are awesome!!! I love all of the colors but my favorite is definitely Jumping Jenny.

{ annep } at: October 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM said...

Love all the colors. I would go with Silver Star as a favorite. I would make a bright blue, green, and purple colorway.

{ mp } at: October 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM said...

I would go with Chewy Apple. I would make a grey brown and blue colorway.

{ Michelle } at: October 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM said...

I do like the Monavale Rose but the stripes I would make would be spearmint green, sunny yellow, & slate blue, I don't know why.

{ Betsy } at: October 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM said...

I like milly Molly Mandy. If I designed a skein, it would have shades of green and red.

{ Julie Davis } at: October 28, 2013 at 5:54 AM said...

I love the Chewy Apple. If I designed my own it would be Griffendor colors, burgundy and yellow.

{ Niamh Quinn } at: December 22, 2015 at 10:24 PM said...

Hey, I lost my stray cat sock pattern and I am one and a half socks in. Can anyone send me the pattern. It's just really the heel part that I am stuck on. I am traveling from California to Ireland tomorrow and it wold be great to have the pattern to entertain myself and finish these socks.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews