Keblinger

Keblinger

Cephalopod Yarns

| Sunday, August 18, 2013
 
Summer is a great time for bright new colors in your knitting projects.  I always due my due diligence and try to find a new yarn that I am unfamiliar with and give it a shot.  This summer is no different and I am thrilled to share my findings with you today.
 
 
 
Sarah is one of the owners of Cephalopod Yarns. A dyer, designer, writer and teacher, she is also a terrible banjo player and a part- time cat herder. She occasionally writes for xoJane and formally considers herself a Professional Dilettante.  She has been gracious to let my share her yarns with you all my readers.  Her yarns range from fingering all the way up to aran weight. What I have to share with you all is 

 

Skinny Bugga

 
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
424 yards / 113 grams
 US 0 - 2 or 2 - 2.75mm
 80% Merino/10% Nylon (Polyamide)/10% Cashmere
 
In the colorway: Hermit Crab
 
This is one of the most unique colors I have ever seen, you can see hints of purple, burgundy, and maze yellow.  And yet when you turn the skein in your hand you manage to find a new shade of purple.  I think the hardest part of having this yarn is determining what to make it into.  It is one of those yarns that your really want to make sure you have the perfect project that will due it justice.
 
The fiber its self has an amazing twist and a softness that really enhances the shine of the yarn.  Stitch definition on a fingering weight yarn like this is stunning!  It really does not matter if you are using an intricate cable pattern or just garter stitch, you will be amazed at the fabric that it will create.  You will have a beautiful garment that will last.
 
So go out on a limb this summer and try a new yarn that you have not used before.  Trust me on this recommendation, you will be so pleased that you did you will make this a go to yarn for years to come.


 
   Thank you again to Sarah for such a fantastic review of her yarn!!
Time to get over to Cephalopod Yarns and pick up a few skeins, don't be surprised if this becomes one of your new favorites!!!


Cephalopod Yarns receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~
 
 For One of you lucky readers, you will win the featured Skein !!!

In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what Cephalopod Yarn and Color you would like to try!!
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday August 26th.

10 comments:

{ Patti Barrett } at: August 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM said...

The Hermit crab above is an awesome color, and reminds me of my favorite pullover when I was in school. Moth Man in Beastie is really cool too. I think it would make for a great hat.

{ Sheila } at: August 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM said...

I have a skein of Bugga in VW green in my stash waiting for that perfect project. I'd really like to try the skinny bugga too. Cephalopod has so many gorgeous colors, it's hard to pick just one. Today Dragonfly Tattoo is calling to me, but I love Eurota Purple and Blue Lobster too.

{ Julie } at: August 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM said...

I love Skinny Bugga, and have knit two projects with it. Her colors have so much depth! My favorite colorway is the Eurota Purple Wing, but it is really difficult to just choose one, as they are all wonderful.

{ Kate Price } at: August 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM said...

I love Ghost Moth. I am hoping to see this yarn in person at Rhinebeck this year!

{ Merry } at: August 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM said...

All of the colors are gorgeous and it was hard to choose one. I guess I would like to try the Lion's Mane Jellyfish first.

{ Merry } at: August 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM said...

Oops! I forgot to mention that now I am into knitting socks, I want to try the Skinny Bugga.

{ Michelle DeWinter } at: August 21, 2013 at 2:23 AM said...

OOoh Gorgeous! I would love to try Skinny Bugga! I've heard amazing things about it! When I stalked the site I found many lovelies!
Skinny Bugga - Flamboyany Cuttlefish
Pound of Skinny Bugga - too cool!

{ Betsy } at: August 21, 2013 at 6:00 AM said...

They have beautiful yarn. I would love to try them all. :-)

{ Michelle } at: August 21, 2013 at 5:51 PM said...

I love the ghost moth colorway. I have heard so much about skinny bugga but haven't tried any yet. Here's hoping

{ lissa } at: August 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM said...

I haven't tried skinny bugga yet, but I would love to. I really like the flamboyant cuttlefish colorway.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews