Keblinger

Keblinger

Fish Belly Fiber Works

| Monday, July 1, 2013
 
 
 
I am full green with excitement for this weeks review!!  Fish Belly Fiber Works
is an amazing Etsy shop that I am proud to review.  Holly is the dyer for this fantastic yarn line, she currently lives in Amherst and Nashua, New Hampshire.  Just to let you all know ahead of time, she besides what she offers in her shop, she also does CUSTOM ORDERS!!!!!  Really does it get better than that?!  Let me show you all little of the goodness that I am talking about.
 

Stream

Light Fingering / 3 ply
480 yards/ 113 grams
100% Merino
2-ply with a tight twist
 
 


 
I am a color nut, I love seeing custom colors that I have never seen before.  I think that is part of what makes me a "Yarn Collector" or so I keep telling myself every time I add to my stash. I love how Holly has such deep saturation and then has the ability in the same skein to lighten things up a bit all while bringing her color idea into play.
 
This is Maleficent
 

 
This is Lagoon
 




 
 
 
I can not say enough about the rich color tones that you can see so well above.  I would use this yarn for anything!!  I am sure you all could use a skein or 3 in you stash as well.  Great summer colors and again, if you can imagine up a color way, Holly is happy to help you put your ideas into fiber art.
 
Thank you again to Holly for such a fantastic review of her yarn!!
Make sure that you all hop on over to her shop and take a look today!



Fish Belly Fiber Works receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!


Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~
For One of you lucky readers, you will win the featured Skein of Maleficent !!!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what you would make out of this yarn if you were to win it!!
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday July 8th
 


16 comments:

{ Sheila } at: July 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM said...

I'm pretty sure it wants to be a shawl.

{ Heather } at: July 2, 2013 at 4:03 AM said...

Socks!

{ Lori } at: July 2, 2013 at 4:28 AM said...

BSJ new nephew arriving this fall

{ kleggett } at: July 2, 2013 at 5:52 AM said...

Definitely socks.

{ andri. } at: July 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM said...

Socks!:)

{ Diane Donald } at: July 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM said...

With those round plump plies it could only be a pair of socks! Maybe something with slipped stitches to show off the colors.

{ Kate Price } at: July 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM said...

A pair of skyp socks to work with the variegated colours

{ Betsy } at: July 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM said...

Beautiful and bright. Joji Locatelli has a great cowl pattern out. It would be perfect. ;-)

{ Michelle DeWinter } at: July 3, 2013 at 3:15 AM said...

Gorgeous!

I think I might make the Lune Shawl out of it...definitely a shawl or neck type of accessory!

{ Heather Barras } at: July 3, 2013 at 3:20 AM said...

Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain. Doesn't everyone need a skein of yarn called Maleficent? Perfect colors!

{ rinebird } at: July 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM said...

I want to make a Vanilla Vest for my granddaughter's pattern by Elena Nodel.

rinebird on Ravelry

{ ashley_mann } at: July 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM said...

Socks or a cowl

{ Michelle } at: July 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM said...

I can see this as a Hitchhiker by Martina Behm or a sockhead hat by Kelly McClure. :)

{ Shayla } at: July 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM said...

I'd make a Trillian shawl I think. It's beautiful.

{ twinsetjan } at: July 5, 2013 at 4:51 AM said...

This would make awesome socks...something like Lucy Neatby's Fishtail Socks!

{ Beth H } at: August 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM said...

Definitely a shawl..perhaps Amagansett Girl or Changes by MADuNaier or Old Man of Storr Shawl..ooh or Belle Époque Shawl! LOL Hard to decide ;)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews