Keblinger

Keblinger

Sheep Dreamery

| Monday, May 13, 2013
 
 
 
 
If you are not already familiar with Sheep Dreamery aka "Keli" then let me take a moment to introduce you.  Keli is the master dyer behind the Sheep Dreamery yarn company.  She also has a fantastically funny and really entertaining weekly Podcast that you all should check out.  She also has her own web page that has all her information and how to contact or follow her blog.  She is always so fun and full of life, it is easy to see why she enjoys her craft so much!
 
 
The yarn that Sheep Dreamery has featured for our review is her Newest Bases!
 

Manokin

 
 Colorway "Pinkberries"
 
Fingering / 4 ply
400 yards/100 grams
US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
100% Merino/Single Ply
 
 Colorway "Boat Drinks"
 
This yarn, being that it is 100% Merino & Single Ply, you can imagine just how soft and light this yarn is.  Keli has compared her yarns to a very low twist and similar to Knit Picks Chroma.  So you can see why she is so excited about this new base.  I can think of several things that would take up a few skeins of the yarn quite nicely.  When you get this yarn in your hands you will not only feel like snuggling it under your chin just to get a good feel, but you will also notice the fullness of the fiber.  I am sure once properly washed, this yarn will bloom nicely.
 
You will also find that Keli does a tremendous job with her color choices.  If the fun names that she gives each colorway are not enough to give you a chuckle, then I don't know what will.  This particular yarn takes well to color, but at the same time still remains soft in its tones.  Her blending  of multiple colors is seamless and her solids are soft and easy on the eyes.  I am sure that with the launch of her new base, she will be sure to have some fun Spring/Summer colors!
 

Thank you again to Keli for such a fantastic new line of yarn!!

Be sure to check out ALL of Sheep Dreamery's yarns today!!
I bet it's like the old saying, "I bet you can't just eat ONE potato chip!"
Her yarn varieties will really capture you
 

Sheep Dreamery  receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!


Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

For One of you lucky readers, you will win the featured Skein of 'Pinkberries' !!!

 
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what interests you about her new yarn base & what other base of Keli's you would like to try.

The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday May 20th.
 

Good Luck to you all!
 
 

16 comments:

{ Retureta } at: May 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM said...

I have a little one that would love a Pinkberry spring hat. Beautiful!

{ Sheila } at: May 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM said...

Single ply merinos are so soft - this would be perfect for a cowl. I would also really love to try the Eleanor colorway on the Assateague MCN base.

{ Shayla } at: May 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM said...

She has lovely colorways! I just added her to my etsy favorites!

{ Kate Price } at: May 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM said...

I love accessories made out of single ply yarn - so soft on your neck or ears! The pokomoke base looks lovely too!

{ Amber R. } at: May 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM said...

I have been a LONG time fan of Keli! In fact I picked up my first set of needles and a 'How To' book/dvd this past weekend with plans to learn so I can make things with Keli's beautiful colors. I've always admired knitted items, but never felt the urge to learn until I saw her first colorways with the launch of Sheep Dreamery. I always love to see reviews like this because it means more people are learning what I've always known, she has talent!

{ Michelle DeWinter } at: May 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM said...

I love soft and squishy yarns! I would also love to try her MCN base, but mostly since I watch her podcast I would just like to try one of her yarns!

{ Crouchingcheese } at: May 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM said...

I have a baby niece who would look adorable in the Pinkberries color way! It's gorgeous! I would also really love to try the Pokomoke base, it's beautiful :-)

Donna Christiansen at: May 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM said...

I love the color variations of the yarn and fact it is wool and single ply. so many options to knit with!!

{ wooliegirl } at: May 15, 2013 at 3:58 AM said...

This new yarn looks squishy soft and the tones of the colorways are beautiful. I would also like to try her MCN, which sounds and looks like luxury!

{ Hind DP } at: May 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM said...

I like single ply for the squishiness of it, and the "pinkberry" color looks divine. Another base I would like to try is MCN.

{ Cadence Helme } at: May 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM said...

I've never had the pleasure of using any of her yarn, but from what I can see it all looks gorgeous, soft and squooshy! This new yarn base looks no different - and I think it would make some really cozy socks! I'd also like to try her Kedges base as it just looks so smooth and shiny.

{ knittybarb } at: May 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM said...

Sheep Dreamery yarn is beautiful! And just the name of "Boat Drinks" is enough to draw me in...
KnittyBarb on Ravelry

{ Betsy } at: May 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM said...

Beautiful, beautiful yarn-all of the yarns are yummy!

Grammie2maddie (Rav)

{ g8rfanjr } at: May 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM said...

This yarn is so pretty. I love the way the color is distributed into the yarn. It also lookes like it has a nice twist. I love the pinkberries! I also really liked the Afterman and Ravy Gravy.

Penny
KnitbyBitDesigns-Ravelry

{ L } at: May 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM said...

Gorgeous yarn and I would love to knit with this new base. Thanks for the giveaway.

Rav: HollyBerries

Anonymous at: May 20, 2013 at 4:35 AM said...

What beautiful colors. I can't wait to feel how soft! I just found your yarn and can't wait to try it out!! Thank you for sharing.

scgil2 ravelry
Cindy-Lakeland

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews