Keblinger

Keblinger

Morgan's Fine Yarns

| Monday, May 20, 2013
 
 
This review is a fun Spring into Summer review.  For all of you who are like me and enjoy a bright splash of Pink now and then or if you love pink all together, this is a review that you are not going to want to miss!
 
Kirsten is the lady of color when it comes to her hand dyed yarns.  They are a small, artisan yarn dyer based located in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. All of her yarns are dyed and dried outdoors on our small farm which is home to many goats and chickens, a couple of cows and a small herd of cats.  You should see her BLOG and see how cute these goats are!!!
 
"I learned to knit when I was 7 from my Gramma, Margaret Morgan. She passed away before I became the avid knitter that I am today, but I know she is smiling at all of the beautiful things I have made. I named my yarn in honor of her because without her I would not have the passion for yarn and knitting that I have today."
~Kirsten~
 
 
 

 
 
Do you ever get the feeling some times like you just need a bright splash of color in your knitting?  I know I do, and Morgan's Fine Yarns is a one stop shop to pick up a few skeins of color.  I love having a few skeins of color on hand for color work or projects that require two colors.  And who can forget the famous Color Affection Shawl that would look fantastic with any three colors of Kirsten's.
 
The color way that she has decided to share with you all is her fantastically colored Pink "Andie." 
 
 
Brecknock Sock
Fingering / 4 ply
420 yards/115 grams
80% Merino/20% Nylon
 

 
This is a great work horse yarn for any project and like I mentioned before, could easily have a few skeins of this yarn in my stash for just such a project!
 
 

Thank you again to Kirsten for such a fantastic review yarn!!


Be sure to check out ALL of Morgan's Fine Yarns today!!

"I told all You 'Pink Lovers' this was going to be a great review!!

Morgan's Fine Yarns receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!



Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”


~Stephanie~


For One of you lucky readers, you will win the featured Skein of 'Andie' !!!


 
In order to enter the Give Away you must


As always:
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what your color of choice would be of Morgan's Yarns?
 
The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday May 27th.


Good Luck to you all!

14 comments:

{ Patti Barrett } at: May 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM said...

They have some lovely looking yarns. Mariner and Andie are a close tie for favorite.

{ Katiebell } at: May 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM said...

Well since it is so hard to pick one favorite I will say if I was doing a color affection shawl, I would pick Hunky Dorie, River and Andie.

{ kleggett } at: May 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM said...

I love, Mariner, Envy, Firefly and the list goes on and on, The deep intense colors are my favorites.

{ Sheila } at: May 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM said...

Without a doubt I would choose the Mariner color - it's my favor teal/blue/green.

{ Hind DP } at: May 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM said...

My first choices would be the Mariner and the Envy, Andie is a close second.

{ Lori } at: May 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM said...

Mariner, firefly and grey got my attention.

{ Susie } at: May 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM said...

Going to add this shop to the list I keep. It's a list of yarn shops I want to try and when I get some extra cash, I purchase from them. Thank you for the suggestion!

{ skinouye } at: May 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM said...

Love the gray "hunky dory" and the goldenrod....love the colors!

{ Kate Price } at: May 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM said...

I love pink, and I love Andie! katepricey on rav

{ Michelle DeWinter } at: May 21, 2013 at 4:08 AM said...

I love Mariner! Though the Pink is pretty fabulous too! (I tried to leave a comment earlier with my phone, but it doesn't seem to have worked!)

{ Diane Donald } at: May 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM said...

All the colors are gorgeous, but I especially love firefly. :)

{ rinebird } at: May 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM said...

So many great Canadian dyers..I like envy & golden rod. rinebird@gmail.com

{ Emily } at: May 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM said...

I just recently found your blog, and absolutely love it! I love how vibrant the Morgan's Fine Yarns colors are. I am sure I could find a few uses for mariner, andie, or hunky dory.

{ ashley_mann } at: May 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM said...

Really pretty colors! River is my favorite.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews