Keblinger

Keblinger

Feminine By Design

| Tuesday, May 28, 2013
 
 

Review 2 of 2

 
I am so pleased to be reviewing a previously reviewed designer.  She has has several patterns that have come out and really is building a fantastic pattern library for herself.  Today I have the opportunity to feature her latest Ebook that contains 6 individual patterns.
 
 
A note from the designer:
 
"I love knitting. Not seaming (except for grafting, which is really knitting), and I could never make it through the endless expanse of a body and sleeves were it not for planning and anticipating the yoke. And all the better if I have someone else knit the sleeves and body and then I can just do the yoke!
I always work in the round when it makes sense (I don’t like steeking, so cardigans will be open) and go bottom up. It just seems to work better, and it makes more sense to me.
 
When I graduated, I began to learn to sew. Not one for patterns, I moved on to learning pattern drafting with a couple textbooks. I loved sewing, and could not understand how anyone could like knitting - it took so long! When I began knitting, it wasn’t long until I decided I really wanted to make a sweater, but was mildly paranoid about the result being too thick and bulky. So I made SURE it would not happen. I knit a crazy complicated lace sweater at 8 sts to the inch, the method from Elizabeth Zimmermans seamless sweaters, but putting all the shaping into lace motifs was some extra. Yes, I was already fluent in lace knitting and loved it. Otherwise I dare say I could not have made it through!
Once knitting, it was pretty easy to apply what I already knew about pattern drafting to knitting patterns, and here I am.

I have a group called femininebydesign where I can be found, I do all my test knits there if you might want to join one."
 
~Jenise Reid~
 
The newest Ebook of hers is called,
 

Sleeping Beauty Knits

 
A collection of 6 patterns for Malabrigo’s freelance pattern project. Sleeping Beauty is a quick trip through an old tale. Knit the castle walls, or a gift for the baby princess, then at the end is the crown tee to celebrate the princess bride! Despite having such romantic inspiration, I have tried to keep everything modern and wearable. What is the sense of knitting something you won’t be able to use every day?
 
Crown Tee

 

 
Bramble Stole
 

 
Fairy Togue
 

 
 
Handspun Sweater
 

 
 
Sleepy Hoodie
 

 
Stone Wall Throw
 

 
Her photos show of her amazing knitting talent and really gives you fantastic detail as to what you are getting in a pattern.  You will not be sorry when you purchase these patterns, they are so well written I would challenge a knitter of any skill level to try them.
 
This is the newest of her patterns and she just launched it May 2013.  It is available as a Ravelry download for a fantastic price of $17.84.  That means that you are getting all 6 patterns for just under $3.00 each.  What a fantastic surprise to gift someone through ravelry or just a few new patterns for yourself to be inspired by. 
 
Jenise has really out done herself with this Ebook.  I don't even know that it is possible to single out one pattern as my favorite when you see them all together, it makes you want them all!!
 

Thank you again to Jenise for such a fantastic review of all her patterns!!


Make sure that you all hop on over to Ravelry and purchase your copy today.



Feminine By Design receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!



Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”


~Stephanie~


For 1 of my readers you will win copy of the new Ebook!!!

In order to enter the Give Away you must



As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what your favorite pattern is out of the 6?

The winner(s) of the drawing will be announced on Monday June 10th.

Good Luck to you all!


5 comments:

{ Anita Cook } at: May 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM said...

I love the hoodie!

{ Hind DP } at: May 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM said...

The Crown Tee, it looks so soft and feminine.

{ Kate Price } at: May 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM said...

I love the crown tee - the details, like the sleeve cast off, are just beautiful.

{ rinebird } at: May 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM said...

A lovely set of patterns.I like the hoodie too.
rinebird on Ravelry

{ Lori } at: June 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM said...

The stole, the hat, the hoodie and the throw have my attention. Great collection.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews