Keblinger

Keblinger

Julie Asselin ~ Hand Dyed Yarn

| Sunday, April 7, 2013
 
After a long awaited time, I am so pleased to be sharing with you all some "Spring Yarns." 
Julie Asselin is a Designer and a Yarn Dyer.  She has a unique eye for color and really has a way of bringing it to her medium, Yarn!  She lives in beautiful Quebec Canada and is a knitter as well and can be founder on her facebook.
 
The yarn that I am going to be reviewing for you all today is her
 
 
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
400 yards/115 grams
70% Merino
20% Cashmere
10% Nylon
 
 
 
This brightly toned color is called 'Poppy Love' how fitting is that name.  I love how Julie can have a solid colored yarn but still manage to show off darker and lighter tones in her coloring, very tonal like.  The twist and loft to this yarn almost make me want to call it a heavy fingering weight.  You could do so much with this amazing yarn, you just need to get your hands on it.  A beautiful Spring Shawl comes to mind when I see this color.  How can you not want to embrace yourself it its refreshing color!!
 
 
 I would recommend this yarn to everyone!!!
Thank you again to Julie for a Such an amazing line of yarn!






Julie Asselin Hand Dyed Yarn receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!


Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~


For one of you lucky readers, you will win a skein of  'Nanos' Poppy Love
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what colorway or yarn base you would like to get your knitting hands on.
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday April 15th.
Good Luck to you all!
 
 



11 comments:

{ Oceancat } at: April 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM said...

This is a beautiful color but I saw some merino/nylon blend in her shop called "Teal we meet again" which is less flashy, but also very tonal. She has some really pretty shades. Glad you've introduced her here.

{ Sheila } at: April 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM said...

I really love her Teal we meet again color too.

{ Kate Price } at: April 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM said...

I love "Teal we meet again" - just stunning. There is a consensus about this colourway!

{ Heather Barras } at: April 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM said...

I would love some Nanos in Obscurite. Such a beautiful purple!

{ Retha } at: April 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM said...

Poppies is so my color. gorgeous!

{ Patti } at: April 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM said...

Another person here loving "Teal we meet again" :)

{ tingting lu } at: April 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM said...

Wow, I just visited her etsy store. The colors are beautiful. My favorite is Abyss.

{ Hind DP } at: April 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM said...

My favorite is the Abyss colorway too

{ Alyssa } at: April 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM said...

I love the Poppy Love color!

{ stephigordon } at: April 12, 2013 at 6:43 AM said...

Oh my - I love her colors - love her Poppy Love that you're showing, but Agate is amazing!!!! ( : Riverbed is so lovely, too - actually all of her colors are so rich and pretty! Love the fingering weight yarn. Thanks for the chance to win! Stephanie (indigodogmt on Rav)

{ andri. } at: April 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM said...

Teal we meet again is pretty:D

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews