Keblinger

Keblinger

Wullenstudio Sock Yarns & Coppatina

| Monday, September 10, 2012

 &


Present.....Christmas ideas and goodies for knitters of all kinds!


 Just take a minute to think...have you even thought about the idea of Holiday/Christmas and what you will be knitting, giving or even asking for?  I hope that with this review I will be able to shed some light on all of those questions.

A Note from the Designer herself~
"Wüllenstudio is a six year old company founded out of the love of fine hand-dyed yarns. I have been dyeing my own yarns for knitting and weaving since 1991.

Often the colors I wanted were not available. Whether it was a certain shade or a progression of one color, I wanted it and the only way to get it was to make it myself. Soon my fellow knitters were asking for my colors as well, and the rest, as they say, is history.  I started naming my colors after old songs because there is always music playing in my studio and there is often a color combination that is suggested in a song to which I am listening.

Sometimes a color combination comes to me with no name . I just put it on my Ravelry site , "Sheila Rovelstad Designs" and let members of my group name the creation in a contest. The winner receives the first skein out of the dyepot in the mail!  I confess I make stitch markers to match whatever I am knitting! I love to knit my way around a needle and pass an elegant stitch marker from one needle point to the other with a smile and a sigh. Simple pleasures!  My love of stitch markers led me in the direction of working with sterling silver and copper.  Well, of course, I fell in love with metal work as well. Half my wool studio is now a metal working studio.

I also have another shop on Etsy called Coppatina. There you will find knitting treasures as well as shawl pins, amulets and metal yarn ball necklaces!"



Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree


This fun Christmas color combo comes complete with a coordinating heal and toe mini skein.  Who would not love a pair of these for Christmas morning!

Fingering / 4 ply
450 yards/100 grams
US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
75% Merino/25% Nylon
She does not just have Christmas themed yarn, I challenge you to not find a themed yarn that you just fall in love with!!!! Take a look for your self in her shop.
Along with amazing Sock yarn, my favorite thing in the world to knit, she has a second talent that I want to recognize as well.


How original is this amazing copper work!  It is not every day that you can say that you not only know a copper smith, but that you actually own a piece of hand forged copper to adorn your shawls with.  Each is carefully crafted with care and pristine design to allow for a fantastic smoothness and finish.

Along with the Cooper creations, you have hand made Stitch markers that are equally as beautiful.




Thank you again to Sheila for a Such an amazing array of Review Items!
Wullenstudio Sock Yarns & Coppatina receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!


Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~


For 3 of you lucky readers, you will win one of the following!!
[Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree Yarn]
[Stitch Markers]
[Copper Shawl Pin]
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what colorway you want to make your next pair of socks out of &
your favorite copper item
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday Sept 17th.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 2 of 2

22 comments:

{ Sheila } at: September 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM said...

I want the "Looking Out My Back Door" teal sock yarn and the spiral shawl pin.

{ Kate Price } at: September 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM said...

I love the silver threads and golden needles sock yarn and the hand forged copper cable needles

{ Auntea } at: September 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM said...

It would be Peter Pumpkinhead for me, that way they would be ready for fall. Any shawl pin would do for me, they are gorgeous!

Anita at: September 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM said...

I love the amulet necklaces & I really like the rocking around the christmas tree

{ Lynda } at: September 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM said...

I love Midnight at the Oasis colourway. But then again I love all the colours. I also really like the Hand Forged Copper Amethyst shawl pin. Very nice.
Thank you yet again for another great giveaway.

{ Sabra } at: September 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM said...

Well how could I not like the Georgia on My Mind since I live in Savannah. I also like the hand forged spiral shawl pin.

{ Adrienne } at: September 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM said...

I would like the "I Fought the Law and the Law Won" (which is in honor of the inmates that she and a friend teach to knit because Sheila is a goddess) and the wavy shawl pin. Whoever gets her yarn is in for a treat because it washes up VERY soft and yummy!

{ Betsy } at: September 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM said...

I love the Rockin Around the Christmas Tree colorway. I also think her stick shawl pins are beautiful.

{ Knit Ma } at: September 11, 2012 at 6:16 AM said...

I like the monster mash. Looks like great yardage for the price!

I think the simple shawl pins are my favorite.

{ Irocknits! } at: September 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM said...

I love "Jimmy Cracked Corn" colorway and would really, really like a shawl pin.

{ weaver } at: September 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM said...

I love the Rockin round the Christmas Tree colorway, although they are all amazing. I also love the stick pins. Her work is beautiful.

{ Hind DP } at: September 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM said...

Love the names of her colors, my favorite is Desperado. I also liked the simple elegance of the spiral shawl pin.

{ Diane Donald } at: September 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM said...

I love the spiral shawl pin!

{ Diane Donald } at: September 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM said...

I forgot to mention the yarn color, I love the monochromatic sock yarn kit in black magic woman!

{ Shannon (Shelooksforwool on Ravelry) } at: September 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM said...

I love the "I Fought the Law and the Law Won" colorway, and her spiral shawl pins are beautiful! Thanks for the giveaway!!

{ B } at: September 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{ ashley_mann } at: September 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM said...

I like the "Aquarius" sock yarn. Very pretty! And the stitch markers with the copper holders are beautiful.

{ B } at: September 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM said...

Sorry, I didn't comprehend the question right the first time, my favourite colourway is the "Look out my back door" (swooon) and my favourite copper item HAS to be that curved/spiral at the end shawl pin!

stephanie drury at: September 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM said...

Wow...just...wow! I loved the Copper and Amethyst Double Pronged shawl pin sooo much that well, I bought it LOL!! But my husband's favorite socks ever are the ones I knit from a hank of 'Paint it Black'. So I guess that's OUR favorite ;)

{ wooliegirl } at: September 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM said...

Jimmy Cracked Corn and Rockin Around the Christmas Tree please, don't make me pick just one! They both scream holidays :)
I also love the hand forged copper shawl pin for any shawl pattern.

{ neilsnana } at: September 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM said...

I love the tequilla colorway and the copper stitchmarkers!!!

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: September 17, 2012 at 4:36 AM said...

My favoite in the yarn category is the Wüllenstudio "And A Pink Carnation" Sock Yarn, and I love the spiral pin in the copper metal :)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews