Keblinger

Keblinger

The Verdant Gryphon

| Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Take a look at what is the newest yarn line at The Verdant Gryphon.  Gryphon is the designer and color artist behind this luxury yarn.  Unbelievable colors, textures and shine.  You have got to see this for yourself.  She has really got a great sense of humor when it comes to the creativity in her yarn naming.  ~Be prepared to have your credit cards out and ready to purchase~


About Mondegreen ([ˈmɒndɪˌgriːn] noun a word or phrase that is misinterpreted as another word or phrase, usually with an amusing result):

60% Blue Faced Leicester wool, 20% baby camel, 20% silk
4 oz / 200 yds
 4.5 sts/" on US#8
4-ply worsted weight





Hit Me With Your Pet Shark

Unapologetically flaming orange! Semi-solid, with the colours of an intense sunset - bright golden orange ranging to deep burnt orange.



Take a look at the suddle changes in hues as the color transends from one shade to another.  The shine and twist of this luxury yarn is enough to make me purchase one in every color!  When you have the skein in your hands you will notice two things. One, the feel of the fibers are 'next-to-skin soft.' Second, color changes are so amazing that you really are cheated at only having pictures to look at.  All of you, my readers, should have a skein of this yarn just to see its color.


Seasick Asian Man

Semi-solid deep, rich, blue-leaning red.
 
 
 
 
Like I said, the humor in her color naming is so fun! 
 
Any and all of her amazing yarns would be a great purchase for stash...or a gift for another knitter...or better yet, a gift for yourself.
 
 
Thank you again to Gryphon for a Such an amazing line of yarn!
The Verdant Gryphon receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!


Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~


For one of you lucky readers, you will win a skein of  'Hit me with your Pet Shark' !!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what colorway or yarn base you would like to get your knitting hands on.
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday Sept 24th.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 1 of 1

27 comments:

{ Sheila } at: September 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM said...

So many tempting yarn bases, so many gorgeous colors! My first choice is Mondegreen in the Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep colorway.

{ Jessica } at: September 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM said...

I really love Bugga in Rose Curculio!

{ Retha } at: September 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM said...

I really like There's a Wino Down the Road....not only is it a gorgeous shade of blue but I think they were referring to me. ;)

{ kleggett } at: September 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM said...

Mondegraan in Hold me closer tie me down sir

{ Penny } at: September 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM said...

At this moment there is no question in my mind: I want to make the shawl "Passion Flowers" from Cephalopodyarns in Mithril Dolce Far Niente. That will be so gorgeous. I can hardly wait (I have already spent my yarn allotment for September).

Thank you for continuing to tempt and enable.

Penny

{ Scotiaknit } at: September 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM said...

I love Eidos in the medusa colourway. I've always wanted to try a "gryphon" yarn but always seem to miss the updates.

{ ashley_mann } at: September 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM said...

I like the Mondegreen in The Age of Asparagus.

{ Kate Price } at: September 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM said...

I also like the Mondegreen, but in seasick asian man.

{ Auntea } at: September 18, 2012 at 4:57 PM said...

Wow I would love that orange. It has been my favorite color for the last few months. Just can't get enough of it.

{ babelglyph } at: September 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM said...

Mondegreen in There's a Wino Down the Street, please! Mmmm, baby camel fiber.

{ Babelglyph } at: September 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM said...

Ack, that should have been linked to my Blogger account so you can check that I'm a follower. :)

{ Heather } at: September 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM said...

I'll take any Mondegreen that I can get!!!

{ Liisa } at: September 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM said...

So want to try that Seasick Asian Man Mondegreen!! And I just became a follower! Can't wait to see what happens here. VG sent me :)

Frances at: September 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM said...

I love all her Yarn and I have most of it too! My favorite is Traveller in Bucharest.

{ Manda } at: September 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM said...

*cackle* I love those names! :D I love their yarn, though I haven't purchased any since they split. I'm a big fan of the Bugga base!

{ tingting lu } at: September 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM said...

Love the Eidos -Parzival.

{ Kathy Wallace } at: September 19, 2012 at 6:38 AM said...

I think Grey Hairstreak is gorgeous, although it's so hard to pick just one!

{ Julie } at: September 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM said...

I love both the name and the wonderful purple color of Dirty Deeds Done with Sheep in the Mondegreen base.

{ Betsy } at: September 19, 2012 at 7:21 AM said...

I would love to try the Mondegreen base in the colorway Age of Asparagus.

{ Becca } at: September 19, 2012 at 7:21 AM said...

Love the Traveller

{ mprsdrose } at: September 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM said...

The Ants are my Friends in Mondegreen; love the bugga base. rav - mprsdrose.

{ Ely } at: September 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM said...

I've coveted mithril lace yarn for ages. But BFL, silk and baby camel.. I think Mondegreen must be the best base ever. I'm all autumny, so the 'hold me close, tie me down, sir' should fall into my shopping cart.

{ Sabra } at: September 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM said...

The Mondegreen in the Bathroom to the left colorway

Cynthia at: September 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM said...

Definitely, There's a Wino Down the Road...

{ andri. } at: September 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM said...

I love seasick asian man.... But the naming doesnt make me imagine red colour:p

{ wooliegirl } at: September 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM said...

Bugga Juniper Hairstreak please :)

{ Goldasin } at: September 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM said...

I want the "The ants are my friends" but it's sold out! I may have to go with that orange though...

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews