Keblinger

Keblinger

Fresh from the Cauldron

| Monday, September 24, 2012

Founded in April of 2008, Fresh from the Cauldron has been producing amazing yarns and colors to match.  Influenced by Pop-culture, literary and travel related inspirations Jennifer has transformed her ideas into individually colored works of art.  Each skein is carefully colored and named appropriately.  Jennifer has had such success that she is hoping to move her company out of the home an into a studio of her own.  What a dream job!!!  She also has a fantastic Ravelry Group as well that you all should check out and be a part of.


Our first featured yarn is;

Light Fingering / 3 ply
365 yards/115 grams
Nylon (Polyamide)/Cashmere/Merino
Amazingly tight twist on this yarn, I am a huge fan of great stitch definition and that is most often because of the twist on a fiber.

The colorway is  'A Gaunt Tale' inspired by Stephen Kings novel "Needful Things."






The second featured yarn is: MCN Worsted

Worsted / 10 ply
185 yards/115 grams
Nylon (Polyamide)/Cashmere/Merino
Again, same fantastic twist but this time in a worsted weight that is so soft and so silky you would not believe it other than to handle it yourself.  I love the weight of the worsted and the thickness that comes with it.  This is a skein that I think every one could have in the stash

.
The colorway is  'Eric' inspired by the HBO Series "True Blood."





I would recommend this yarn to everyone!!!

Thank you again to Jennifer for a Such an amazing line of yarn!
Fresh from the Cauldron receive a 5 Needle Review Rating!


Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~


For one of you lucky readers, you will win a skein of  'A Gaunt Tale'
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what colorway or yarn base you would like to get your knitting hands on.
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday Oct 1st.

Good Luck to you all!

25 comments:

{ Squibstitcher } at: September 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM said...

Thanks for the review, Stephanie!

{ Lacey } at: September 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM said...

I would totally go after Mystery Machine. Loved Scooby Doo as a kid. :D

{ JazzRizz } at: September 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM said...

What a great review! I'm a huge fan of FFtC, and my list of colorways I'd love to acquire is pretty long. I love any of her MCN or MCS bases. Fangtasia, Eric, and Reavers are just a few of my favorites.

{ Kathy Wallace } at: September 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM said...

I absolutely love Volterra!

Anonymous at: September 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM said...

Pride, prejudice, and zombies on MCN worsted.

Rav id: slobbiesgirl

{ Sarah T. } at: September 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM said...

The Derbyshire Gentleman remains my favorite--my first FFTC knit! I wish I could get my hands on that color in lace...

{ weaver } at: September 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM said...

I love A Gaunt Tale in the fingering weight. I love the old color with the few kicks of color. Beautiful!

Anonymous at: September 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM said...

I love just about all of Jen's red colorways, especially Carrie from the SK series. So gorgeous, on any base. I absolutely LOVE the Silk Sock base, it is my favorite!

-Kelly (rav id: ykelly1)

{ ashley_mann } at: September 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM said...

I love the Poseidon colorway.

{ robin evans } at: September 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM said...

I'm finally got my first skein of FFtC a few weeks ago. Jennifer has so many great colors, but I'm really hoping to one day secure a skein ( or two or five) of First Rule of Fight Club.

{ wooliegirl } at: September 24, 2012 at 5:36 PM said...

I love Last Call, it screams pick me!

{ Kate Price } at: September 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM said...

I would love to try the MCN worsted, how luxurious!

{ Lisakbye } at: September 24, 2012 at 6:11 PM said...

MCN base is my fave! As far as colorways: Lucian, Volterra, Reavers.....There are so many! I am a fan for life.

{ Becca } at: September 25, 2012 at 6:45 AM said...

There are too many colors to love! I'm loving Amelia Broadway this morning though

{ Cheryl Hilten } at: September 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM said...

Eric is the one I am coveting.

{ rinebird } at: September 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM said...

Beautiful yarns A gaunt tale is my wish. Rinebird. On ravelry

{ Sabra } at: September 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM said...

The Wizard color way has my attention.

Anonymous at: September 26, 2012 at 5:26 AM said...

How can you choose!!! I really love the Eric color, such a great look. Thanks

{ Heather } at: September 26, 2012 at 7:22 AM said...

Oh my, I love all of her True Blood colors (most especially Eric)!

{ Sheila } at: September 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM said...

I just love the Asylum Brew colorway.

{ Irocknits! } at: September 27, 2012 at 7:04 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{ Irocknits! } at: September 27, 2012 at 7:06 AM said...

I guess it's Eric for me! Lovely colors.

{ Lisa } at: September 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM said...

She has so many interesting colors but I think my favorite was Icicles. I just loved the soft purples and grays.

{ tingting lu } at: September 30, 2012 at 5:43 AM said...

The Herakles is my favorite.

{ Betsy } at: October 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM said...

I love all of the red shades.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews