Keblinger

Keblinger

Alcidina

| Monday, September 10, 2012


"Exploring the cosmos one yarn at a time.
Alcidina, offering silk, cashmere, and cloud-soft merino yarns in spacey colorways! My inspiration comes from the exquisite imagery taken by the Hubble Space Telescope and other astronomy instruments around the globe. There are some stunning nebulae out there, and they look awesome in yarn!" ~Trisha~


Trisha Paints such a stellar match from her inspiration to her yarn it is hard to tell the difference between the two.  A great indicator to a true work of art.  Take this beauty for an example.

On Earth, we witness a solar eclipse when our Moon's shadow sweeps across our planet's face as it passes in front of our Sun. Jupiter, however, has four moons roughly the same size as Earth's Moon. This image shows a rare alignment of three of Jupiter's largest moons – Io, Ganymede, and Callisto – across the planet's face. Seeing three shadows on Jupiter happens only about once or twice a decade. Jupiter appears in pastel colors in this photo because the observation was taken in near-infrared light.



[Want to see exquisite photos of our amazing universe? Check out hubblesite.org! (I’m not affiliated with NASA in any way. Their images are in the public domain. Enjoy!)]



 
This item is multi-colored in mint, periwinkle, and pink tones with a range of intermediate colors.
This is a fantastic choice for sock yarn.  Not only would the colors match well, but the finer content is on that will hold up to sock use.



Thank you again to Trisha for a Such an amazing Skein of Hand Dyed Yarn!
Alcidina receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!


Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~


For one of you lucky readers, you will win the featured skein of Sock Yarn!!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what colorway you like in her shop

The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday Sept 17th.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 1 of 2

20 comments:

{ Joyatee } at: September 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM said...

Thanks for hosting this great giveaway!

My favorite colorway is "Ring of Stars."

{ Sheila } at: September 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM said...

I love the Cassiopeia "Different Wavelengths" - merino wool / silk lace weight.

{ Kate Price } at: September 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM said...

I love the orion abstract Zero-g sock yarn

Anita at: September 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM said...

My favorite is "A Younger Generation of Galaxies". I love that color

{ Sabra } at: September 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM said...

Event Horizon BFL "Fomalhaut I can see this as a shawlette.

{ Shayla } at: September 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM said...

Her lightyears DK "Ring of Stars" looks stunning! I'm adding her shop to my favorites.

{ Betsy } at: September 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM said...

I really like the Aurora Borealis sock yarn.

{ Sara } at: September 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM said...

Springtime on Neptune is gorgeous!

{ KnittingAndroid } at: September 11, 2012 at 6:22 AM said...

Alcidina's yarns are amazing! I don't know anyone who can take the vastness of any photo inspiration and transfer it to yarn how she can. I don't know that I could pick a favorite, but I love the "Cygnus the Swan" colorway, but I also love the "Fomalhaut" and pretty much everything!

{ weaver } at: September 11, 2012 at 1:54 PM said...

I love the Spotlight.

{ Hind DP } at: September 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM said...

Love the "Blue Haze in the LMC"

{ Diane Donald } at: September 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM said...

Spotlight is my favorite!

Stephanie Drury at: September 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM said...

Every time etc Trisha does an update I have a new favorite! They are always so beautiful and deeply saturated with color that I am in love with them all. Today's new favorite has to be the smokey blue of 'Cepheid Variable' on the Mulberry Silk Lace. That entire grouping of silks is a must have for any silk lover !!

{ ashley_mann } at: September 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM said...

I like the BFL "Fomalhaut".

{ tingting lu } at: September 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM said...

This yarn looks so yummy. I love the BFL Dumbbell Nebula Closeup.

{ wooliegirl } at: September 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM said...

A tough one, but I think I like Black Eye Galaxy the best. It is a very unusual colorway and I love that!

{ neilsnana } at: September 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM said...

The drifters colorway is heavenly!

{ bellasocks } at: September 14, 2012 at 8:01 PM said...

Love, love Spotlight!

Anonymous at: September 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM said...

Springtime on Neptune!!! Whoa!!

Penny
Sch4gators on RAV

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: September 17, 2012 at 4:45 AM said...

Amazing color combinations! I really like the Stargazer "Corona" 100% Merino fingering weight yarn :)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews