Keblinger

Keblinger

Handwerks Artisan Yarns & Textiles

| Monday, August 20, 2012

Laura Schickli, a knitter since childhood and biology teacher by training has been experimenting with yarn, spinning wheels, fiber, dye pots, looms, and knitting machines at every opportunity. Handwerks is the merging of Laura's creative talents, technical abilities and teaching skills. With an appreciation for thoughtful craft, Handwerks offers high quality hand dyed yarns, patterns, handwoven textiles, and instruction.
"My Girl Scout leader taught me to knot a headband on circular needles when I was 9.  I grew up in Wisconsin so after the headband I went on to knit mittens and hats.  My grandmother also helped me along the way, I just never quit knitting.  In college in MN I started designing my own patterns, combining stitches for scarves, mittens and sweaters.  Later when I lived in Wash DC, I started teaching knitting at a LYS and I started a small business, designing and matching knitting children's sweaters.  After my kids went off to college, I decided it was time to start another small business to keep my out of 'trouble'."

Let me introduce you to the Textile & Artisan designer herself, Laure Schickli.




Laure has graciously offered up two kinds of fingering weight yarn for this weeks review. 


So-Soft-Sock

A fabulous blend of 80% superwash merino, 10% Cashmere and 10% nylon with 435 yds/100grams. Fingering weight, ideal round 4 ply, recommended needle sizes US 1-3, 27-32 sts/4" in stockinette stitch.

Just what you need to pamper your feet or knit a soft scarf or shawl. An amazing choice for fingerless mitts or mittens!

Luscious rich colors, some almost solids and some coordinating multis. Perfect together for Fair Isle pattens or simple stripes. The almost solids work well for cables and stitch patterns.






This is one of those times that I wish you could feel the yarns right through the screen.  The plush feel of this yarn is exactly what I would want to make a great pair of socks out of!


Silky Sock

Buttery blend of 50/50 superwash merino and silk, 4ply, 100 grams/435 yds skeins. Fingering weight, recommended needle sizes US 1-3, 27-32 sts/4" in stockinette stitch.

Luminous, lustrous and springy; a beautiful yarn. Perfect for luxury socks, shawls, summer tops and more.




The shine and silky feel to this yarn is unmatched to any other that I have used in the past.  I am so excited to think of all the garment possibilities that come with this yarn.  All the fantastic new fingering weight cardigans that are out now. 
If you'd like enough for a sweater Laure is happy to dye a batch for you.
That is customer service at it's finest!!!




Thank you again to Laura Schickli for a great yarn!
Handwerks Artisan Yarns & Textiles receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!


Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win the skein of So-Soft Sock in the Winged Teal !!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what yarn you like from Handwerks.

The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday August 27th.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 1 of 1

19 comments:

{ Faith (the Vampire Slayer) } at: August 20, 2012 at 6:40 AM said...

I love that Laura is willing to dye sweater quantities of her fingering weight yarn. I'm imagining the possibilities of that Silky Sock in some of her brighter colorways.

{ Kathy Wallace } at: August 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM said...

I absolutely love Black Cherry in the So-Soft-Sock!

{ Irocknits! } at: August 20, 2012 at 7:38 AM said...

I am a totally bright colored yarn lover and I can't believe that I love that silky sock in the gray, what's up with that? It is just gorgeous, maybe its the sheen. I love shiny, too.

{ Renee } at: August 20, 2012 at 9:46 AM said...

I am IN LOVE w/the chocolate cherry so soft sock. GORGEOUS!

{ Diane Donald } at: August 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM said...

Oh wow, I love the Telegraph Hill yarn! Those are my colors!

{ Kate Price } at: August 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM said...

I love the sunset colourway!

{ Wendy Weber } at: August 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM said...

I love the silky Sheen of the gray, what a perfect color for a nice fall cardigan!

{ weaver } at: August 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM said...

I love the So Soft Sock in the Black Cherry colorway. The weaving is interesting.

{ Sarah } at: August 21, 2012 at 5:39 AM said...

Chokeberry

{ Retha } at: August 21, 2012 at 5:41 AM said...

the cashmere blend in Ruby and Chokeberry! mmmmm

{ Hind DP } at: August 21, 2012 at 8:26 AM said...

I love the Chokeberry color in the So Soft Sock

Anonymous at: August 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM said...

Love the Misty Morning, but that Winged Teal is pretty awesome.....would make an awesome
Vitamin D. Well.....with enough yardage. :)
Penny
sch4gators RAV

{ Kyle and Mandy } at: August 22, 2012 at 7:08 AM said...

I want to try the Super Twist, preferably in Sunset.

{ Heather } at: August 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM said...

Teal is such an amazing color to see dyed up. I also like the Glen Alpine in the super twist yarn.

{ ashley_mann } at: August 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM said...

Love the Haypress Meadows! So pretty!

{ Scotiaknit } at: August 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM said...

Love the Fog colourway! Such a yummy shade of gray.

{ wooliegirl } at: August 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM said...

Ohhhh, Chokeberry and Ruby, tied!

{ Betsy } at: August 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM said...

I really like the Haypress colorway. It might be because I'm in a Halloween color mood right now. :-)

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: August 26, 2012 at 6:06 AM said...

Such a beautiful array of colors! However Bodega Bay in the So-Soft-Sock base is my favorite :)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews