Keblinger

Keblinger

Nefarious Web

| Sunday, July 29, 2012

I am so pleased to have the chance to review a pattern by Kyla Hurst.  The pattern that will be reviewed is called; Nefarious WebOriginally released as a mystery KAL in the Ravelry Group Criminal Knits.


Kyla has a really cute little tag line that goes with the inspiration of this pattern that I would love to share with you.  "The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout to spin..er knit, her Nefarious Web!
How cute is that!! 
~She does admit that their is no use of spiders in this pattern~

This is a shawl pattern that really takes on a pattern and shape of its own.  If you are looking for a shawl with a unique shape, this is the pattern for you.  It is knit from the bottom inward and she has her pattern broken down into written directions as well as charts for every one's convince. 



When it come to my knitting a pattern, I tend to stash dive first.  However, Kyla has really done a great job in matching her yarn choice to create the look of this shawl.  I would definitely take her recommendation and use Wolle's Yarn Creations.  If you are new to this yarn, all you will need to do is look at all the color changing goodness that has been knit in this elegant shawl and you will be ready to cast on.



To top off this elegant looking shawl, Kyla has added the sparkling element of beads.  Besides the look of a glistening gem adorned on your shawl, the beads create a comfortable added weight to your shawl that I think you will really like.  I have always liked the element of beads on the edging of shawls and this on is right on with the look. 
This is a fantastic pattern that would make a great "on-the-go" pattern for the last few months of summer.  Sitting at a baseball game or picnicking at the park with the family, be sure to bring along your Nefarious Web for a great Summer knit.


Thank you again to Kyla Hurst for the fantastic Shawl Pattern!
Nefarious Web receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, Kyla has graciously donated a pattern!!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what kind of yarn you would knit this shawl up in?

The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday August 6th.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 1 of 2

7 comments:

{ Sabra } at: July 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM said...

I just happen to have a skein of wolle creations.

{ Elisabeth } at: July 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM said...

This is indeed a wonderful pattern. I am working on my second Web, this time with beads...

Anonymous at: July 30, 2012 at 8:04 AM said...

Beautiful!
andri_chama(at)yahoo(dot)com

{ Julia } at: July 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM said...

Wow- I love that gradient you used, but I might pull out my Schaefer Anne that's been sitting around for too long. Lovely shawl!

{ Hind DP } at: August 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM said...

I love the way it looks in the gradient

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: August 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM said...

I think this would be gorgeous in a softly hued silk gradient :)

{ wooliegirl } at: August 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM said...

I recently bought a bag full of Paton's lace and need something beautiful to knit up....this would work!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews