Keblinger

Keblinger

The Kangaroo Dyer

| Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gail Callahan started her odyssey as The Kangaroo Quilter, designing quilts and bags as an expression of her love of fabric and color. Gail wanted a symbol incorporating her love of her children and the concept that they were always with her. The Kangaroo, like her human counterpart, is one of the few mammals who carries her young with her. Thus was born the Kangaroo Logo. Her journey led her inexorably to weaving where she designed her own line of handwovens as The Kangaroo Weaver producing her unique scarves and fabric.
Eventually, Gail reached a point where she wanted more contact with the raw material, unimpeded by even the minimal interference of a loom. After several classes and much experimentation, Gail began felting hats of many styles and shapes. One result of the classes was her own “felted goddesses” which seem to come alive and develop personality as the felter works to create the face and then the body, rendering each as individual as its creator.
Color and texture have always been priorities for Gail. As she became more accomplished in these areas, she created her own color way. Thus was born The Kangaroo Dyer. Using her instinct for color, Gail begins with un-dyed skeins of yarn, creatively blending until the final product is both beautiful to look at and sensual to handle. As a by-product, Gail now hand-dyes silk scarves and sashes, creating elegant fashion accessories at a modest price.


What can I say, she is a woman of many talents and a great eye for color!!!  I am so pleased to review Gails Poet Seat Yarn

438 yards, 100 grams of Poet Seat Glitter yarn - 75% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon and 5% Stellina soft, strong and sparkly. This is my newest addition and is an exceptional value combining strength, softness and sparkle in a beautiful drape and true color. The Stellina provides the sparkle and makes this yarn unique! Sun flares are producing a magnificent display of the Northern Lights. Elegant as a scarf or shawl , this yarn is excellent made into a leg warmer or sock. An easy care yarn.
You can see the effect of the Stellina at




The feel of the fiber, sparkle of the stellina and the elegance of the colors are what make this yarn fantastic!!  I can see my self coming up with endless ideas for the use of this yarn.  Really any pattern would do a wonder with these colors.




Imagine you are wrapping a gift.
  1. Using the template, select the major colors of the paper.
  2. Place the circles over these colors.
  3. Now select the color in the rectangle as a ribbon or card for the spark.
After my book, Hand Dyeing Yarn and Fleece, was published by Storey, many people remarked that its simplicity and straight forward approach resonated with them. Since its publication I have been working on a project to bring the color portion of the book to the marketplace, as a free standing tool, for learning how to choose and use color.

This is an entirly new way to look at color and really helps when you are going through stash to use what you have on hand.

The Kangaroo Dyer receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win a Color Grid!!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what your favorite Kangaroo Yarn is.

The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday July 9th.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 1 of 2

20 comments:

{ kleggett } at: July 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM said...

I'd love to win the color grid, I'm a little shy about color.

{ Sheila } at: July 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM said...

I love the stained glass colorway on the 50% Superwash Merino and 50% Silk Hand Dyed Poet Seat Yarn.

{ Maya Moonie } at: July 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM said...

I love the Bronze Age Stars in the Poet Seat Glitter Yarn. Beautiful!

{ wooliegirl } at: July 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM said...

Tough choice, but I love the Mining for Turquoise.

{ variegatedlife } at: July 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM said...

I'm not a picky person-I see the potential of almost any base, any color of yarn. I love her products. I need a color grid, too. Looking forward to ordering some of her yarn soon!

{ neilsnana } at: July 2, 2012 at 2:03 AM said...

I love the hungarian goulash.

{ Hind DP } at: July 2, 2012 at 8:25 AM said...

I love the Strawberry Fields color way. I've seen the Color Grid advertised, it looks like a fabulous tool, I definitely need one of those.

{ Esther } at: July 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM said...

I love the Glacier Ice colourway the best (in the fingering weight) and. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

{ TracyF } at: July 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM said...

I like the merino and silk blend--especially in pewter.

{ Ely } at: July 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM said...

The dragon fire colour of the silk-merino-stellina blend is completely droolworthy.

{ Kathy } at: July 3, 2012 at 6:29 AM said...

Love the Glacier Ice colorway!

{ Lynne } at: July 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM said...

They are all gorgeous. I like Golden Flowers

{ Sarah } at: July 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM said...

BRONZE AGE STARS

{ Diane Donald } at: July 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM said...

I adore Borealis!

{ Kyle and Mandy } at: July 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM said...

Wow! There's too many to pick. Chocolate covered caramel looks amazing. It sounds delicious too!

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: July 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM said...

Such gorgeous yarns and colors! I can't truly pick a favorite as I ell in love with so many of the vivid colors in the silk content yarns but I have to say that 'Kanga's Pouch' in Poet Seat Yarn really caught my eye!

{ beefi8 } at: July 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM said...

Wow! She has very pretty colors. I especially love the Strawberry Fields!
Tammie
homebody62565@yahoo.com

{ Heather } at: July 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM said...

I adore the MIDNIGHT EXPRESS in Hand Dyed Poet Seat Fingering Weight Superwash Merino and Silk Yarn

{ danadoodle } at: July 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM said...

I love the BFL/Nylon blend in Roan!

{ Carolyn Robbin } at: July 8, 2012 at 4:30 AM said...

The Kangaroo Dyer is the dyer's dyer in my eyes. She has it figured out. Her sense of color is brilliant. Plus, I've seen her on the floor at Web's and she is such a friendly, inviting person! I would love a skein of her gorgeous yarn...any color!

Best, Carolyn

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews