Keblinger

Keblinger

Cobblestone Creek Farm

| Sunday, July 15, 2012

"We specialize in hand dyed yarn and fiber, handspun and raw fleece. You may also see some hand knits, knitting supplies and sewn or quilted items too.

We use professional acid dyes except on rare occasion (example natural dyes, etc). If something other than professional acid dyes are used, it will be stated in the listing."

This is a note from Clarissa who is the owner of Cobblestone Creek Farm.  I was so excited to see what she had sent for the review.  I was hoping for something a little different than my usual reviews.  Without fail, she came through with "MINI SKEINS!"

These little skeins are so cool!  Now you may have never used a mini skin or even thought of all the neat options that they can be used for, so I am going to do just that.


Mini Skeins are handy for many projects.  One of my favorite uses is to use them in socks to replace the toe and heal to spice up a vanilla sock.  I have also seen some really cute knitted gloves that each finger was a different color.  How fun would that be!  Mini skins are also fantastic for Sock blankets or scrap quilts.  No matter what you choose to do with these little gems, you really should give them a try.  It is also a great way to sample a dyers yarn base to determine if you want to purchase more from them.



The Skeins that Clarissa has sent are in her Brights Collection.  This is her Granite Sock; 100% Superwash Merino, 2 ply yarn.

I love her base, it is so squishy and plush.  I can easily see a pair of socks out of this base.



Thank you again to Clarissa for a great yarn sampling!
 
Cobblestone Creek Farm receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win the reviewed set of Mini Skeins!!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what your favorite item from Cobblestone Creek Farm is.
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday July 16th.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 1 of 2

13 comments:

{ ashley_mann } at: July 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM said...

Wow! Really pretty yarn! Ok, my favorite is the July Phat Box Seaside Cottage Handpainted Superwash Sock Yarn Minis.

{ MsBittyKnacks } at: July 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM said...

Clarissa is a great friend and her yarn is astonishing!!!

{ Hind DP } at: July 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM said...

I love the colors in the "Mineral Springs" sock yarn. It'll be great to see how it knits up.

{ Krafty Granny's Home } at: July 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM said...

I don't knit but do crochet I have used Clarissa's mini skeins to crochet mini butterfly embellishments.

{ neilsnana } at: July 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM said...

I would love to have the rainbow wool batt

{ Kate Price } at: July 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM said...

I am on a DK/worsted kick at the moment and just love DK Yarn "Apron Strings" -- Granite DK

{ andri. } at: July 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM said...

I love anything of their handpainted stuffs... Especialy the mineral springs one:)
andri_chama(at)yahoo(dot)com

{ danadoodle } at: July 16, 2012 at 6:07 AM said...

I love the Elk Run Creek sock yarn. Beautiful!

{ Bobbi } at: July 16, 2012 at 7:01 AM said...

She has a braid called "The Princess is in Town" that is so pretty.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: July 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM said...

My current favorite in her shop is the "Mineral Springs" (light) -- Granite Sock. I would SO love to work up a pair of socks in this colorway for the Ravellenics games :)

{ Renee } at: July 18, 2012 at 8:58 AM said...

I really wish I knew how to spin b/c I am in love w/her fibers, particularly the silk wool batt in the colorway "Isn't She Lovely". Since I can't spin my fav yarn is the granite sock in the colorway "Sunshine Yellow". I love the bits of what appears to be orange mixed in w/the yellow.

{ Sarah } at: July 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM said...

muted rainbow mini skeins

{ Betsy } at: July 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM said...

I'd really like try one of the batts and the little sock yarn skeins.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews