Keblinger

Keblinger

Taylored Fibers

| Sunday, June 24, 2012

You do not often find such a talented crafter who has meaning and true purpose other than just a hobby when it comes to yarn.  Amber is a fiber artiest with a touching story.  Please allow me to share with you her beginnings.

"I have been knitting for as long as I can remember. My grandmother taught me to crochet. That was as far as I got until I had the incredible good fortune to meet my mentor, beloved friend and neighbor.
I'm a transplant from California and my mentor made the transition to living in Maryland bearable. She took me in and introduced to me a world of fiber I didn't know existed behind those hanks of yarn I bought.
She and her husband ran a fiber processing business and I would always mosey over and "play" as we called it. If it weren't for those two, Taylored Fibers would not exist. She taught me everything I know about fiber and fiber processing.
Much of what I do is inspired by her and my desire to pass her knowledge onto others in the form of my items and my skills. Shortly after we lost her in July 2010, TayloredFibers was born. I will miss her all my life, but she's with me every time I start a dye pot, pull out my drum carder or clean a fleece. ."

Thank you Amber for sharing with all the readers!

Now for the beauty of her colors!



















100% Superwash Merino in the Colorway: Forest
420 yards










80% Superwash Merino/ 20% Nylon
420 yards

No matter what color or base you choose, I am sure you will be pleased with your fiber or yarn!  Make sure you head over to Etsy and start shopping.

Thank you again Amber for such great yarns!!!

Taylored Fibers receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win one of the featured skeins of yarn!!
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what your favorite Taylored Yarn or Fiber is.

The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday July 2nd.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 2 of 2


21 comments:

{ Joyatee } at: June 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM said...

My favorite yarn of hers is the lace merino in the lime green. How awesome is that color?!

As always, thanks for hosting the giveaway!

{ Sheila } at: June 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM said...

I just love the Turquoise Silk/Silver Yarn.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: June 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM said...

I absolutely love the Creamsicle Martini Hand Blended Roving! Scrumptious!

Anonymous at: June 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM said...

My favourite is the blue face leicester:)
andri_chama(at)yahoo(dot)com

{ Faith (the Vampire Slayer) } at: June 25, 2012 at 4:19 AM said...

Wow, they are all so gorgeous! I'm particularly in love with her color "Think Spring!"

{ Karin } at: June 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM said...

I just discovered Tayloredfibers at my local fiber fest. I loved her polworth/silk blend in color way jberet.

{ danadoodle } at: June 25, 2012 at 6:14 AM said...

I love the alpaca/merino Desert colorway!

{ Becca } at: June 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM said...

Oh, I've met her before, she's SO nice!I love her colors. The purple, turquoise and orange yarn is so pretty!

{ ashley_mann } at: June 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM said...

I love the superwash merino in Bluegrass. So pretty!

{ Ely } at: June 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM said...

The yellow-orange-red variegated sock yarn is great on both the MCN and regular MN bases.

{ Maya Moonie } at: June 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM said...

I am drawn to the APS30 polwarth/silk fibre. Stunning! http://www.etsy.com/listing/99500898/polwarth-silk-roving-hand-dyed-aps30

{ Esther } at: June 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM said...

The colours of the yarns are vivid! Especially the turquoise.

Really talented lady.

{ Hind DP } at: June 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM said...

I love the combination of colors in the Forest colorway, it's stunning.

{ Diane Donald } at: June 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM said...

I love the merino yarn in HKO08! This one - http://www.etsy.com/listing/85280363/superwash-merino-yarn-hand-dyed-hko08

{ Sabra } at: June 26, 2012 at 3:17 PM said...

I love this one Super wash Merino Cashmere Nylon (MCN) Yarn Hand Dyed (ANE30)

{ Emily } at: June 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM said...

Oh wow, the emerald silk alpaca merino blend is gorgeous!

{ LMH } at: June 27, 2012 at 8:49 AM said...

I love so much, but this is definitely a favorite: Merino Yarn, Hand Dyed, Twist (HLT619)!

{ Sarah } at: June 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM said...

Wow! I love Forest!

{ wooliegirl } at: June 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM said...

The orange based ANE604 is so out of my zone, but I love it!

{ SittinandKnittinpodcast } at: June 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM said...

I love the Forest colorway!

{ Betsy } at: July 1, 2012 at 6:11 AM said...

I really like the green fibers that she has. Beautiful colors.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews