Keblinger

Keblinger

Miss Babs

| Monday, May 14, 2012

I am so privileged to share with you, my readers, one of my personal top three favorite yarns.  I have been using Miss Babs yarn for a few years now and have fallen in love with her yarns, colors and her customer service.  I was so excited to hear that I was going to be able to feature this yarn for you all that I about came out of my shoes!!  You too will find that this will quickly become on of your new favorites as well.



This happens to be Windsor Sock
Fingering / 4 ply
400 yards/113 grams
US 1 - 3 or 2.25 - 3.25mm
80% Merino
20% Nylon
Machine Washable
The color way that she has provided for us is was she calls 'A Unisex Colorway' perfectly named,
Into the Abyss.  You can see that it starts in varying shades of light blues and turns into soft greens with almost a dark olive color to finish off the look and appeal.  The twist on her yarns are so clean and you will have a hard time finding anything better. 
I chose a shawl to show off the color detail for you all, Mizzle

What has to be mentioned, besides all her amazing colors, is the softness and feel of her yarns.  If I were to place one of these skeins in your hand, you might not agree with me that this is just sock yarn.  I am telling you, this is the softest, most durable fiber made into yarn you might have ever knit with. 

Every skein of yarn or bump of fiber that comes from Miss Babs is carefully wrapped in Miss Babs printed tissue paper and her famous mini skein of some other kind of yarn for you to knit up and get hooked on. 

If you ever get the chance to see her display at a fiber show. DO SO!  She has walls and walls of color that will trap you for hours.  It is always so hard to make a purchase when you can see, feel and smell all her yarnie goodness! 



Thank you Miss Babs for letting me review your Windsor Socks!!

Miss Babs receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win the featured skein of yarn; Into the Abyss
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me if you have ever used her yarn and tell me what colorway. 

The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday May 21st.
Good Luck to you all!

If any of you are in the area the weekend of May 19-20, please stop by the KY Sheep & Fiber and see Miss Babs and all of her amazing yarns!!  Say hello, and let her know you found out about her from
 ~Hot Pink Socks~



35 comments:

{ Knit Ma } at: May 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM said...

Never used Miss Babs. I would love to try it.

{ Retha } at: May 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM said...

I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Miss Babs yarns but have yet to try it for myself. Maybe??? I will get lucky. :)

{ Sheila } at: May 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM said...

I have never seen her yarn in person, tho I've heard good things about it. Looks like she doesn't do many west coast shows, so I'll just have to hope I win that skein so I can check her yarn out.

{ Oceancat } at: May 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM said...

Very pretty colorway - I'd love to try it.

{ Shayla } at: May 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM said...

I've never used it either. I almost bought it at Stitches East years ago but I was on a tight budget and was not buying much yarn.

{ Hind DP } at: May 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM said...

I've never used her yarn, but would really love to!

Anita C at: May 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM said...

I have never used this yarn, but the color is beautiful and I would love to try it.

{ ashley_mann } at: May 14, 2012 at 1:49 PM said...

I haven't used Miss Babs before, but I sure would love to! Wow, it's pretty!

{ Carla } at: May 14, 2012 at 1:54 PM said...

I just knit a pr. of socks using Winsor sock yarn- loved it-

{ Katiebell } at: May 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM said...

I have used Miss Babs "Yowza What a Skein" but I didn't write down the colorway. I have a sweaters worth in my stash of Yowza in Black Cherry. I have not tried her sock yarn yet.

{ Maya Moonie } at: May 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM said...

I haven't used Miss Babs' yarn yet, though I have heard plenty about it. Really I have no excuse!

{ annachis07 } at: May 14, 2012 at 2:53 PM said...

Love the color!! I would probably do socks or a cowl. I'm not a big shawl wearer but yours shows off the color awesomely.

{ Kathy } at: May 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM said...

I hear people speak so highly of Miss Babs, but have never had the chance to use it. I'm so ready to try it out! Your Mizzle is stunning!

{ Karen } at: May 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM said...

I've never had the chance to see or use miss bab's but have heard great things about it. Love this colorway and the shawl is beautiful.

{ Sarah } at: May 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM said...

I've never knitted with Miss Babs, but I've always wanted to try it...they always rave about it on the Stash and Burn podcast!

{ stephigordon } at: May 15, 2012 at 5:30 AM said...

I haven't knit with Miss Babs, I have heard of it and would love to use this yarn - it is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for the chance - off to look up more of these lovely yarns! Stephanie (indigodogmt on Ravelry)

{ Jules } at: May 15, 2012 at 5:32 AM said...

I've never tried this brand of yarn before. But this is the second blog I've read recently that gave this yarn wonderful reviews! I'd love to make a shawl from this!

{ Emily } at: May 15, 2012 at 5:34 AM said...

I haven't tried Miss Babs yet, but it looks beautiful and I LOVE the colorway!

{ Estella } at: May 15, 2012 at 7:18 AM said...

I've always wanted to try Miss Babs - what an amazing colorway.

{ Betsy } at: May 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM said...

I've used her lace weight "Yet" yarn for a shawl. The color was Gullwing, a gray/green color. Loved it.

{ TracyF } at: May 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM said...

I have never used her yarn, but I sure have touched it a bunch of times. It's all gorgeous!

{ wooliegirl } at: May 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM said...

I have not used her yarn, but have spun her fiber (a gorgeous raspberry BFL and Tencel) and loved every inch of it.

{ Sabra } at: May 16, 2012 at 3:06 AM said...

i've never used this yarn but would like to try it

{ Katie } at: May 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM said...

I've never used her yarn before but I'm really looking forward to seeing her yarn at Rhinebeck so I choose in person.

{ Jenny } at: May 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM said...

Beautiful! I've never used her yarn, but I'd love to try it.

{ Joyatee } at: May 16, 2012 at 7:23 PM said...

I have never used her yarn, but I'd love to check it out.

{ Annette } at: May 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM said...

I love Miss Babs yarns! I haven't used it yet, but I have some in my stash. Cinderella, One called New York something and a blue that i can't remember the name of. :)

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: May 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM said...

Beautiful yarn! I have never used any of her yarn, but it is on my list of yarns to try :)

{ Carolyn Robbin } at: May 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM said...

Never used it.....but WANT TO!!! Thanks

{ Heather } at: May 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM said...

I haven't used her yarn before but is on my list for sure!

{ Hege } at: May 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM said...

Looks like a gorgous yarn, but I have never tried it...

{ Susan } at: May 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM said...

got some at stitches west this year. Can't wait to make socks! Susan

{ Esther } at: May 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM said...

I would love to try this yarn! And the colours are really nice too. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

{ weaver } at: May 21, 2012 at 5:36 AM said...

Wow! Beautiful!

{ Betsy } at: May 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM said...

Knitting a Multnomah shawl with Miss Babs Yummy right now. You are so right about the quality of this yarn. Have three skeins of Whatta Skein that are dying to be knit up, but haven't told me into what yet ;-)

Just discovered and subscribed to your blog... looking forward to getting to know you better!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews