Keblinger

Keblinger

Marigold Jen

| Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jenny Porter other wise known as Marigold Jen is our second review for this week.  I am so very pleased to be reviewing her yarn creations for you all, my readers.  So you know a bit more about Jen, I will fill you in.

Sewing is her true passion, but after learning how to dye fibers a couple of years ago, she has been hooked on the endless variations of color that swirl about in her dye pot. By day, Jen assist in a Montessori toddler classroom, but at night, She craft (or cuddle with my two cats and a good book).
Currently, she is taking THE leap and quitting her job to pursue the yarn dyeing business full time. Jen has made many new fiber/yarn loving friends, and in turn gained some great customers, which has given her the courage to dive in!
I am pleased to show you these next yarns that are a Marigold Jen original.  Pay close attention to what your eyes see at first glance, then take a second look and I bet you will not have the same image as the first!
Fingering / 4 ply
463 yards/ 100 grams
75% Merino/25% Nylon
Machine Washable

Fingering / 4 ply
438 yards/100 grams
50% Silk/50% Merino
These yarns are so unique in that what appears to be "it's coloring" is intertwined with a rainbow of colors that all some how blend together effortlessly.  I can not even begin to understand the time, effort and skill that must go into each of her dye coloring sessions.  All I can say is that her yarn is worth every penny when you are looking at color quality and uniqueness!
I am so pleased to be able to show case these fantastic and really unique creations that Jen has outdone herself on!  If you have never worked with such great colors, make a stop over to her Etsy Shop and pick up a skein or two today!

Thank you Jenny for letting me review your Fantastic Yarn Creations!!

Marigold Jen receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win the featured Skein of Galaxy (The Purple Shade)
In order to enter the Give Away you must

As always:

1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what your favorite Marigold Jen Yarn it.
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday May 28th.
Good Luck to you all!


Review 2 of 2

34 comments:

{ Carolyn Robbin } at: May 22, 2012 at 10:39 AM said...

my fav Marigold Jen is the fingering merino/silk 4-ply...it looks nice and squishy!

{ Esther } at: May 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM said...

I loved Betty Boop and Mae. Keeping my fingers crossed!

{ Pretty Knitty } at: May 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM said...

Wisteria is by far my favorite of the sock colorways in her Etsy shop! AND it's superwash! love(1000)

{ Scotiaknit } at: May 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM said...

I love Martini and Sock Monkey, and all the lace-weight pretties.

{ Becca } at: May 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM said...

I love the Eventide color. Utterly gorgeous.

{ Maya Moonie } at: May 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM said...

The Sahara Desert colourway is absolutely beautiful!

{ Sheila } at: May 22, 2012 at 1:28 PM said...

I love the Purple Mountains merino and silk sock yarn.

{ weaver } at: May 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM said...

I love the Wolverine. I would make a monster. Beautiful.

{ Hind DP } at: May 22, 2012 at 1:51 PM said...

My favorite is the Wisteria colorway, it is very beautiful

{ Renee } at: May 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM said...

I am in love w/the wisteria colorway. this is followed closely by the summer sun colorway. Seems I'm always favoriting a new Etsy socks after these reviews. :)

{ Heather } at: May 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM said...

I love the Eventide--hand dyed sock weight yarn, merino and silk, (437yds/100gm)

{ oohfancypants } at: May 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM said...

She does absolutely gorgeous semisolids! I love them all, but my favorite is probably Nanny Smurf.

{ laura Keiken } at: May 22, 2012 at 5:44 PM said...

I love the eventide!

{ wooliegirl } at: May 22, 2012 at 6:16 PM said...

Hands down, the Sock Monkey color!

{ Kyle and Mandy } at: May 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM said...

So many beautiful colors. I really like Cinnamon Toast!

{ Betsy } at: May 22, 2012 at 7:50 PM said...

I really like her semisolids. They would make beautiful shawls.

{ Kathy } at: May 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM said...

Wow, such gorgeous yarns and colors - I love Galaxy!

{ Joyatee } at: May 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM said...

Her Hazel colorway is breath-taking, but that Thelma colorway is so unique.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: May 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM said...

My favorite is definitely the Thelma hand dyed lace weight yarn... so very gorgeous!

{ TMc } at: May 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM said...

Hazel wins my affection! Green, green, green! Beautiful lace weight!

{ Lacey } at: May 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM said...

I can't find a way to follow your blog, but WOW- This yarn is great. My color is wisteria. OH. So beautiful.
venutianbeauty on rav

{ stephigordon } at: May 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM said...

I love the Still Waters and the Wisteria - how to choose a favorite would be almost impossible. Thanks for the chance to win - what lovely yarns!!! Stephanie (indigodogmt on Ravelry)

{ Auntea } at: May 24, 2012 at 8:08 AM said...

Sahara Desert in sock weight is just gorgeous! It is so different from anything I have seen before, I love it. Auntea on Rav

{ Jules } at: May 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM said...

Sandia Mountain is a beautiful sock yarn!

{ Shayla } at: May 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM said...

I can't pick just one! Any of the purples are fabulous! I also liked the Papa Smurf skein.

{ Sarah } at: May 24, 2012 at 9:19 PM said...

I like Papa Smurf!

{ Heather } at: May 25, 2012 at 1:14 AM said...

Ooh, Cinnamon toast for me! How does she create those colors?

{ MD } at: May 25, 2012 at 1:57 AM said...

I love the brilliant hues of blues and greens in Still Waters from her shop :)

{ Diane Donald } at: May 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM said...

Wow, I love her names for her colorways. I think the sandia mountains sock yarn would be my pick.

{ bellasocks } at: May 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM said...

I'd love to try the bfl sock base or either of the featured colorways.. The chalkboard gray speckled is fab!!

{ Morgan Syring } at: May 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM said...

Love the purple here! I'm a complete glutton for anything pretty and purple! And it's gorgeous!

{ sandygale } at: May 26, 2012 at 5:39 AM said...

I love the Sahara Desert colorway! But it is hard to pick just one...beautiful colors!

{ twinsetjan } at: May 27, 2012 at 6:48 AM said...

Beautiful stuff!! I have to say that the Dr. Gadget colorway is definitely calling my name!

Lili52 at: May 28, 2012 at 4:41 AM said...

Very hard to choose, but I loved Carrot Cake.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews