Keblinger

Keblinger

Lavender Hill Knits

| Monday, May 14, 2012

I must say this next pattern that I am about to feature has been one that has excited me from the moment that I got my hand on it!  I'm sure that most of all you, my readers, have at some point in you knitting lives done a felting project.  If you happen to be someone that has never dove into such a fun and unique project, this might be a great pattern to start with.

Our featured designer is Julie from Nashville, Tennessee, is very close to where I live.
Julie has done an outstanding job on designing and creating her version of a felted Moc Slipper(s).
All of her designs, patterns, project bags, stitch markers and everything else that she sells can be found in her Etsy Shop.

I must admit, these photos are not mine, however I would claim them to be once you see how great they show off the slippers.  My felted Moc Slippers were not quite ready to photograph.  (Soon, I hope!)


In the photos above, you can see that this is the Women's Slippers.  First off, I want to bring to light that when I knit my Moc's, the fit on them was perfect!  I have done a few pairs of 'Clog Slippers' for gifts and they just never seemed to keep shape.  I do believe that with Julie's recommendation of using  a very thick bulky yarn for this design, that really makes all the difference when it comes to a lasting slipper. 
It is no surprise that she has not over looked a single detail and added her own special adornment with a delicate ribbon on each toe flap.  Love that!  You really could get very creative in what you choose to add, pearls, jewels, buttons, that is the beauty of your own touch.



Julie does a great job in her pattern! Her directions of not missing a step or assuming that you have prior knowledge of how to make a felted slipper are very helpful.  I found her direction to be clear, easy to follow and boy did these slippers knit up fast!  This would be a great way to get a jump start on Christmas gifts so you are not left to wonder what you will get family and friends come November.



The Men's Moc Slippers will be my next pair.  My husband was really impressed with the ones that I had made for myself that he heavily implied that what he had for slippers at the moment would not hold a candle to "new felted slippers" that I made.  (Wink, wink!)

Over all, I am really excited to share with you all this collection of slippers.  Knowing you all have such creativity and eyes for color, I am sure you all could make fantastic looking slippers as well. 

Thank you Julie for letting me review your Moc Slippers!!

Lavender Hill Knits receives a 5 Needle Review Rating!

Just remember;
“Anything can happen when you put on a pair of Hot Pink Socks”

~Stephanie~

 For one of you lucky readers, you will win the featured;  Men's & Women's Moc Slippers Pattern.

 
In order to enter the Give Away you must
 
As always:
 
1. Make sure you are a follower of my Blog
2.Tell me what else you would purchase from Lavender Hill Knits Shop. 
 
The winners of the drawing will be announced on Monday May 21st.
Good Luck to you all!

10 comments:

{ Kathy } at: May 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM said...

So many cute things! I'd love to buy an owl project bag and get some stitch markers to match!

{ weaver } at: May 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM said...

Boy, these look great. Definity would make them!

{ Knit Ma } at: May 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM said...

I think that I would just go with the kids version of the slipper pattern.

{ Hind DP } at: May 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM said...

I've had my eye on the felted slipper pattern for a while now, so I was happy to read your review. I would be interested in a children's version of the same slipper.

{ JStockert (~Julia) } at: May 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM said...

The men's moc slippers pattern is really nice! I like many items in her store but I love the Swarovski autumn pearls stitch markers :)

{ Sarah } at: May 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM said...

I love her own print project bags!

{ stephigordon } at: May 15, 2012 at 5:33 AM said...

What a great pattern! I also love her project bags - there were too many pretty ones to pick just one - will add her to my favorites on Etsy for sure! Thank you! Stephanie

{ Emily Milliman } at: May 15, 2012 at 8:58 AM said...

I've been pondering making my mom, dad and a few siblings some felted slippers but honestly I haven't liked the other pattern. This one fits my idea much better and leaves a lot of room to make them personalized to the receiver.

{ wooliegirl } at: May 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM said...

The Handpaint Scarf is beautiful and just the thing to get me to learn a little crochet, to do the edge.

{ Jenny } at: May 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM said...

Wow-- I'm glad to have discovered her shop. I love her cowl patterns, the "Walk on the Beach" cowl, but just about everything else in her shop too. Thanks for reviewing her treasures!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Hot Pink Socks Reviews